At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Cot and highchair
- Kitchen with AGA
- Open fire
- Traditional stone barn circa 1726
- Short breaks (min 2 nights)
About Cazenovia Hall
A holiday home with the real 'wow factor', Cazenovia Hall is a 5 Star Gold Award property within the grounds of the Grade I Listed Blencowe Hall. This traditional 4 bed stone barn conversion dating from 1726 has a luxurious interior, and sunny south facing sandstone terraces with views of surrounding hills. Lake Ullswater is just 7 miles away - Blencowe is within easy reach of Aira Force waterfall, boat trips and lakeside walks. Greystoke village is within 1 mile (walking distance), and features a village shop, a fine inn, a heated swimming pool and castle within extensive grounds.
- Entrance hall opening into a double height kitchen and dining hall with oak flooring.
- Exceptionally well equipped kitchen with a four oven Aga, separate gas hob and electric oven, a stainless steel American fridge freezer and a massive granite topped cooking island.
- The Gin Case lounge has French doors opening onto the gardens and sandstone terraces and an open stone built fireplace.
- A separate utility room contains washing facilities and coat and boot storage.
- The Madison Room has a 5' king size bed and an en suite wc and shower room.
- Two steps lead down into the Lincklaen Room with 6' zip and link bed (can convert to 2 x 3' singles upon request) and an en suite wc and bathroom with an over bath power shower.
- The Lorenzo Room accessed via a massive hand built oak staircase has a 5' antique oak bed and an en suite with a separate bath and shower.
- The Chittenango Room has two antique 3' twin beds and an en suite shower room set into the eaves.
- Open fire, oak flooring and underfloor heating.
- Four oven Aga, gas hob and electric oven, microwave, dishwasher, massive fridge/freezer, washer and dryer.
- 42" TV, DVD player and iPod docking system.
- Telephone and free broadband WiFi internet access.
- Travel cot and high chair available.
- Eco-friendly plantation teak garden furniture and barbecue.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights, available.
Around and About
- Boat trips and watersports on Lake Ullswater
- Lakeside walks
- Brown trout and salmon fishing
- The C2C cycle trail passes through Greystoke village
- Attractions around Ullswater - Aira Force waterfall and Dalemain House and Gardens.
- Keswick, Appleby Castle, Penrith and Carlisle are within easy reach