At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Open fire (logs included)
- South facing garden
- Fell views
- Pub nearby
- Cot and highchair
About this Holiday Cottage
Located within the beautiful Grade 1 listed Blencowe hall estate, Riverain is one of three Grade II Listed cottages renovated to a high standard. Easily reached just 4 miles off the M6, Junction 40, Riverain is spacious with 3 bedrooms, ideal for a family group. A wide choice of activities and attractions surround the estate including cycling along the C2C cycle route passing through the area.
The property is a tastefully renovated coach house dating from the 1700s, with floor to ceiling arched windows, a huge sandstone fireplace and cosy features such as a woodburner (logs provided) and underfloor heating. The private garden with fell views is sunny and south facing, and there is ample parking onsite.
- Entrance hall.
- Reception room with oak flooring and an open fire with a cast iron wood burner.
- Open plan farmhouse kitchen/dining area in oak with granite worktops.
- Separate utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer and storage.
- Double bedroom with 6' bed that can convert into 3' singles upon request and an en suite wc and shower room.
- Double bedroom with a 6' bed that can be 3 singles on request, and an en suite wc and shower room.
- Double bedroom with a 5' bed and an en suite wc and bathroom with bath and power shower over.
- Underfloor heating and an open woodburning cast iron fire.
- Fully fitted kitchen - appliances include an electric oven, gas hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Sitting room with a 42' TV, DVD player and an iPod base station.
- Free broadband WiFi internet connection and a telephone.
- Cot and highchair.
- Garden with eco-friendly plantation teak outdoor furniture and a BBQ.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights, available.
Around and About
- A top spot for activity holidays - cycling, walking, fishing, sailing and a heated swimming pool at nearby Greystoke village are all available in the local area.
- Ullswater boat trips and lakeside walks are nearby. Dalemain House and Gardens is a short drive away.
- Greystoke village is only just over 1 mile from the cottage and features a traditional Lakeland inn serving fine food and drink, a village shop and Greystoke Castle surrounded by 3000 acres of wooded grounds which contain a deer park.