At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Spectacular lake views
- Large balcony
- Former hunting lodge
- Luxurious open plan interior
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
About Wreay Mansions
A spectacular former hunting lodge once the retreat of the Duke of Norfolk, Wreay Mansions sits in the pretty hamlet of Watermillock and boasts outstanding views towards Lake Ullswater. Living space is luxurious throughout, and takes full advantage of the fantastic vistas. A 30' long balcony with attractive outdoor furniture is the perfect spot to relax and admire the views. A great retreat for family groups, Wreay Mansions is easily reached just off the M6, Junction 40 and ideally placed for exploring Grasmere, Windermere, Buttermere, Keswick and Penrith.
- Master bedroom with 6' bed and en suite bathroom with bath, separate power shower and wc.
- Large twin bedroom with 3' single beds which can be configured as a 6' double on request.
- Short staircase to upper ground floor and a single bedroom with 3' bed, shower room with power shower and wc.
- Stairs from upper ground to first floor and Kitchen with gas hob and electric oven, electric Aga (this can be turned off during exceptionally hot weather), microwave, fridge/freezer, a wine fridge and dishwasher.
- Separate laundry room with washer and tumble dryer.
- Cloakroom with wc.
- Second floor with open plan living and dining room with three double doors opening onto a balcony.
- Oil central heating and electric feature stove.
- TV (in sitting room and bedrooms), Freeview, DVD, CD player.
- Travel cot and highchair available.
- WiFi internet access.
- Outdoor furniture.
Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) available.
Around and About
- Numerous outdoor activities feature in the local area including walking, cycling, golf and fishing.
- Boat trips, sailing and watersports are nearby on Lake Ullswater