At a Glance
- Beams and inglenook fireplace
About this Holiday Cottage
Stag Cottage is a 4 Star Gold Award-winning, 17th century sandstone cottage in the grounds of Melmerby Hall in the Eden Valley, just a short walk from Melmerby village. The property has its own private garden with a pretty sandstone patio featuring an in-built BBQ, and has been recently restored to great effect.
Period features include a charming inglenook fireplace and stone mullion windows. A connecting passage runs to Melmerby Hall, and Stag Cottage benefits from lockable soundproof doors for your extra comfort and privacy. As well as private gardens to the front and rear, guests are also free to explore 20 acres of surrounding wooded grounds with walks.
- Sandstone flagged entrance and hall
- Kitchen with breakfast dining table
- Dining room
- Large sitting room with oak flooring and open fire.
- Bedroom with oak carved 5' bed and en suite bathroom with a separate rainfall shower.
- Bedroom two has a 5' zip and link bed which can be a twin on request if preferred, plus an en suite bathroom.
- Oil central heating and open fire.
- Handmade fitted oak kitchen with modern kitchen appliances including a microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- In the sitting room - a TV, DVD, iPod docking station.
- Free broadband internet connection is available.
- Travel cot and highchair available.
- A hot tub can also be made available on request - contact Tower House Pool direct for details.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights, available.
Around and About
- Gateway to the Lake District and Yorkshire Dales
- Short walk from Melmerby village in the Eden Valley with Egon Ronay award-winning organic bakery serving outstanding food and drink
- The acclaimed Shepherds Inn at Langwathby serves great food and drink in a relaxed atmosphere
- Ullswater is just 12 miles away offering sailing and watersports opportunities, boat trips and beautiful lakeside walks.