At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Vaulted ceilings
- Near Heart of England Way
- Minimum stay 3 nights
- Parking for 3/4 cars
- Stow on the Wold (1 mile)
About this Holiday Cottage
A former gamekeeper's cottage on a large estate, Bridge Cottage in Upper Swell sits adjacent to a Grade II Listed bridge and is only 1 mile from the Cotswold walking centre of Stow-on-the-Wold. The Heart of England Way and picturesque villages including Upper and Lower Slaughter are nearby.
Living Space (ground floor)
- Entrance hall and cloakroom with a wc.
- Inner hall opening into the dining room area. French windows lead out to the garden.
- Spacious sitting room with a woodburning stove and stable door out to the patio and garden.
- TV, DVD and CD player all provided in the sitting room area.
- Cosy woodburning stove.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a double oven and ceramic hob, a microwave, dishwasher, a Belfast sink, integrated Neff fridge/ freezer and AEG washer/ dryer.
- Working stone fireplace in the kitchen.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms (first floor)
- Master bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, 5' bed and an en-suite shower room.
- Double bedroom with a vaulted ceiling, a 4'6" bed and an en-suite shower room.
- Twin bedroom with 3' zip and link beds. This room can be configured as a super king double if preferred.
- Cosy bathroom with a bath and shower over.
- A chillout room with an electric fire (no central heating) is just above the garage, accessible via an outdoor wooden staircase (please note this may be slippery when wet).
A large parking area is open and leads down to the river. The garden is spacious, lawned and south facing with a furnished patio area. The garden overlooks a shallow, fast flowing stream.
Other Things to Note
- Travel cot, stairgate and high chair all provided on request.
- River Dickler, a Grade II Listed bridge and private woodland are adjacent.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, are available.
Around and About
Nearest mainline stations are at Moreton in Marsh and Kingham. The cottage is only 3 miles from 18 hole golf course Naunton Downs and Adam Henson's popular Cotswold Farm Park.