At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Short breaks
- Single storey accommodation
- Cot and highchair
- Parking for 2 cars
- Romantic break near Ludlow
About Blacksmiths Cottage
A spacious, single storey barn conversion, Blacksmiths Cottage on the Welsh, Shropshire and Herefordshire borders sits close to medieval town Ludlow and literary festival centre Hay-on-Wye. Single storey and detached, this luxury retreat for two is within easy reach of amenities in local towns Knighton and Presteigne. Parking is onsite for 2 cars, and extensive grounds with pretty wildlife pools and gazebo surround the cottage. Blacksmiths is the perfect year round romantic retreat, ideal for exploring the beautiful Elan Valley, nearby Snowdonia and the border market towns.
All Ground Floor Accommodation:-
- Charming country kitchen with granite worktops, an electric oven, fridge, freezer, a microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and use of a tumble dryer.
- A step up from the kitchen leads into the hallway, and on into the bathroom with a separate shower unit.
- Double bedroom.
- Dining room into sitting room.
- Sitting room with comfy seating, large 40" TV, a DVD and CD player plus an iPod dock.
- Parking for 2 cars.
- Extensive grounds with wildlife pools and gazebo.
- Patio/ garden area with outdoor furniture and a BBQ.
- Two bicycles provided.
Other Things to Note
- Oil fired central heating and cosy woodburner.
- WiFi internet access.
- Landline telephone provided.
- Travel cot and high chair supplied.
- Attractive oak flooring.
Short breaks, minimum 2 nights, available.
Around and About
- Tour the Border castles - Ludlow Castle, Croft Castle and Powis Castle are close by.
- The beautiful Elan Valley with its many nature reserves and reservoirs is on your doorstep.
- Snowdonia is within easy reach.
- Hereford Cathedral and the Mappa Mundi (medieval map of the world) is within easy driving distance.
- The award-winning Judge's Lodging - a historic Victorian House - is nearby.