At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Cosy romantic retreat
- Beautiful Wye Valley location
- Sunny furnished terrace
- Parking for 2 cars onsite
- One small dog welcome
About Orchard Cottage
A hideaway cottage retreat for two, Orchard Cottage only 4 miles from Chepstow is perfect for romantic breaks with an open fire and stunning open plan living space. The cottage sits in rural Penterry, a charming, peaceful Wye Valley hamlet rich in history and just a 10 minute drive from the M4. Amazing views are across to the Black Mountains, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty and magical Tintern Abbey is just 2 miles away. A plentiful choice of award-winning restaurants and two premier golf courses are in the local area.
- Open plan kitchen, sitting and dining areas with French doors onto the patio.
- Kitchen with Bosch conventional microwave oven with halogen hob, fridge with freezer compartment and small dishwasher.
- Sitting room with TV, DVD, radio/tape/CD player.
- Stairs to first floor and the Master bedroom with 6' zip and link bed which can be configured as two 3' singles on request.
- Bathroom with bath and power shower over.
Facilities/ Further Information
- Oil central heating and woodburning stove.
- Use of washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Private flagstone paved sunny terrace (not enclosed) with fabulous rural views and garden furniture.
- Please note the property owner has dogs, therefore we request that your dog is friendly towards other dogs.
- Baby in his/her own moses basket welcome
- One small well-behaved dog is welcome in the cottage
- Parking is onsite for two cars
- A real Romantic Retreat in the Wye Valley
Short breaks available.
Around and About
- Tintern Abbey (2 miles)
- The historic border town of Monmouth along the river Wye is nearby.
- World class golf courses -St Pierre (10 minutes). Celtic Manor (25 minutes).
- Chepstow Racecourse and castle are just minutes away.
- The cottage is surrounded by an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty with a wealth of activity and walking opportunities.