At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Travel cot and highchair
- Pub within 10 minutes' walk
- Enclosed courtyard
- Single storey
- Short breaks
About Gurnard Cottage
Offered in association with Trinity House, coastal Gurnard Cottage at St Catherine's Lighthouse sits on the southern edge of the Isle of Wight (at the island's most southernly position!) on the outskirts of Niton hamlet. The seaside resort of Ventnor with its great surfing and swimming beach is only a 10 minute drive away. The lighthouse is open for public tours through the year (dependent on availability). The surrounding grounds are fully enclosed and this lighthouse has no fog signal. Gurnard is 1 of 3 cottages and each benefits from private parking and their own enclosed courtyard area.
All Ground floor Accommodation:-
- Entrance hall, kitchen, sitting and dining room areas.
- Kitchen with electric oven and hob, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher and a washer/dryer.
- Sitting room with TV, DVD and CD player, ample comfortable seating and electric mock flame effect woodburner.
- Bathroom containing a bath with electric shower over.
- Double bedroom, twin bedroom and single bedroom.
- Small wc.
- Private enclosed courtyard and parking.
- Shared grass area ideal for children's play.
Other Things to Note
- Dog friendly.
- No fog signal (peaceful coastal retreat).
- Please note lighthouses and equipment do need regular and occasionally emergency maintenance. Visits by maintenance staff may occur, however we endeavour to keep disturbance to a minimum and maintain guest privacy.
Short breaks (minimum 2 night stays) available.
Around and About
- Real ale pub within a 10 minute walk.
- Blackgang Chine.
- Watersports and surfing beaches nearby including popular Ventnor beach.
- Shanklin and Sandown are within an easy drive.