At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Private garden
- Feature period fireplace
- Shops & pubs 200 yards
- Ideal for family groups
- Fell views
About Beckside Cottage
Spacious Beckside is a holiday cottage gem in Coniston village, refurbished to a high standard with four poster beds and flexible zip and link beds. The cottage sits adjacent to a bubbling beck, just by a church at Hawes bank. Fell walks are direct from your door and the Ship Inn is just a few minutes' stroll away. Try your hand at horse riding - the Spoon Hall riding centre in only just up the lane and there are boat trips and waterbased activities on nearby Coniston Water.
Ground floor living space consists of:-
- A small period porch
- Large sitting room/dining room with period feature fireplace, log fire, colour TV, DVD
- Small drawing room with period feature fireplace
- Kitchen with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
On the first floor:-
- Bedroom 1 - with king-size 4 poster bed and views to the fields and lake
- Bedroom 2 - with king size bed or twin 2'6'' single beds & views to the fields and lake
- Bedroom 3 - with king-size 4 poster bed and view of fields
- Bedroom 4 - with king size bed or twin 2'6'' single beds and view of fields
- 2 House Bathrooms with bath, shower and wc, 1 with shower attachment
- Small front garden sheltered by mature trees and shrubs, with country and mountain views, garden furniture is available, there is parking for several cars.
- Fresh fast growing hedges have now been planted to screen the garden for more privacy.
- 2 mins to lake - temporary membership of Coniston Sailing Club available for those with sailing dingies.
- Easy walks to Coniston on paths through the fields.
- Walks to Torver along the lake through fields and ancient woodland.
- Easy access to fells and Coniston Old Man via path behind the catholic church
- Near to cycle paths, pony trekking, launches to lake locations
- Pub 5 mins walk (The Ship - fine selection of real ale, very good local food)
- Good access to village shops, pubs, cafes and takeaways
Other Things to Note
Bed linen, electricity, gas, central heating which is under floor and initial logs for the fire
Available to hire -
Towels, travel cot and high chair.
Parking - There is parking for cars at the property and nearby.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available. Pets are welcome - dogs are charged at £25 per dog.
Around and About
- Shops, pubs, restaurant and buses 200-500 yards