At a Glance
- Idyllic rural location
- Traditional Lakeland Cottage
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Parking for 2 to 4 cars
- Beatrix Potter stayed in the cottage
- Blelham Tarn views
About this Holiday Cottage
A traditional Lakeland cottage brimming with character features, Hole House Cottage is undergoing continuous improvement by the property's custodians and the National Trust. Dating from the 17th century, this unique whitewashed cottage is surrounded by spectacular countryside. The nearest buildings are farm storage buildings so you are assured peace and privacy. This romantic spot was donated to the National Trust by Beatrix Potter, and the author is known to have stayed in the cottage. It's the perfect base for birdwatching and fishing, with a network of five footpaths close to your cottage door.
Ground floor living space comprises:-
- Traditional porch leading into the entrance hallway with space to store coats and boots when you're not out and about.
- Lounge with wood burning stove, TV with DVD and CD player.
- Recently refurbished kitchen with built in electric oven and hob, microwave, dishwasher and washing machine.
- Traditional back larder with large fridge/freezer and tumble drier.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
First floor bedrooms and bathrooms include:-
- Bedroom 1 - king size sleigh bed.
- Bedroom 2 - king size bed or twin single beds.
- Bedroom 3 - twin 3' single beds.
- House bathroom containing a bath, electric shower over and wc.
- Gravelled and grass garden with garden furniture next to the cottage.
- A beautiful new terrace with comfortable garden furniture overlooking Blelham Tarn.
- Parking for 2 to 4 Cars
Other Things to Note
- Electricity, heating by night storage heaters downstairs and oil fired heating upstairs.
- WiFi, bed linen and initial logs for the fire.
- Towels, travel cot and high chair available to hire
- Two well trained pets welcome
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available. Pets are charged at £25 per pet. Towels are £4 per person. A high chair and cot are £5 each per week.