At a Glance
- 4 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms
- Pets welcome (barn & garden only)
- Perfect for families, groups, friends
- Fabulous location
- Stunning period property
- Open fire
- Pubs & shops 5 min walk
About this Holiday Cottage
Spacious High Park Cottage nestles in the pretty village of Torver just to the south of Coniston. A classic period property ideal for family groups and friends sharing, the property sits up a private drive and has impressive views across to the village and the valley beyond. A terrace runs the full length of the house, and period features include a tiled hallway and grand staircases. The property boasts pretty window seats, a fantastic open fire in the sitting room and great big windows allowing in plenty of natural light. Ample parking is onsite and the garden is stunning with feature monkey-puzzle tree. Pubs and shops are within a 5 minute walk.
Ground floor living space comprises:-
- Traditional porch
- Hallway with period Minton tile floor
- Sitting room with log fire, colour TV, video and DVD players, CD player and valley views
- Very spacious dining room
- Snug sitting room with log burning stove, colour TV and door to garden
- Kitchen - fully fitted with gas hob, electric oven, microwave, fridge and dishwasher
- Cloakroom with WC
- Utility room with freezer, washing machine and tumble drier
- Main staircase with galleried landing up to:-
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Most rooms have stunning views of the Torver Valley. First floor bedrooms include:-
- Bedroom 1 with a king-size bed
- Bedroom 2 with king-size
- Bedroom 3 - either a king-size bed or twin with single 2'6" beds
- Luxury large bathroom with centre bath, wc, bidet and separate shower
- A second staircase leads up to the second floor and:-
- Bedroom 4 with a king-size bed or twin single beds (2'6") plus en-suite shower and wc
- Extensive terrace with garden furniture
- Barn/store for mountain bikes, with enclosed loose box for pets, etc.
- Very extensive gardens with terrace and garden furniture, lawns and shrubs sheltered by mature trees
- Pets welcome in the barn and garden ONLY
Other Things to Note
- Full oil central heating and initial bag of logs for the fires, all other electricity, gas, Wi-Fi and bed linen.
- Towels, high chair and travel cot all available to hire.
- Parking for 3 cars.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available.
Around and About
- Pubs with food 5 minutes walk, shops 2 miles, buses 1000 yards.