At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Stunning Georgian property
- Idyllic location
- Perfect for families
- Log burner
- Lake Bank jetty walking distance
About this Holiday Cottage
Situated in an idyllic Lakeland spot associated with the famous 'Swallows and Amazons' novels, Bee Bole House is an impressive Georgian cottage nestling in Water Yeat on the southern edge of Coniston Water in a spot called Allen Tarn. The property has wonderful rural views and retains numerous original features including large windows, a striking staircase, high ceilings and a galleried landing. A fabulous long traditional Westmorland window is also within the property.
Look for the feature bee bole in the garden wall - from which the cottage takes its name. Outside space includes a west facing terrace, garden and grounds offering ample space for supervised children's play. Secure bike storage, a laundry drying area and allocated parking are also included. Scenic walks are direct from your door and activities available locally include mountain biking, sailing and bird watching. Lake Bank jetty is only a short stroll away!
- Entrance vestibule with inner glazed door. Hall with original Minton tile floor and slate flags.
- Storage cupboard for boots and outdoor clothing
- Understairs cupboards with washer/dryer
- Ground floor toilet and hand basin
- Sitting Room with dark wood floor, large sandstone fireplace for log fire, TV with DVD and Freesat.
- Furnished with leather sofas and antique Bergere armchairs.
- NEW - Split level Dining Room/Kitchen with dark wood flooring, half-glazed stable door to side garden and rocking chair!
- The kitchen is newly fitted (Spring 2014) with ceramic hob, twin ovens, integrated fridge, dishwasher and freezer. Dining table and seating for six.
First Floor (All New Beds - Spring 2014)
- Bedroom 1 with double bed and ensuite shower room.
- Bedroom 2 with twin 3ft single beds.
- Bedroom 3 with double bed.
- Modern House Bathroom with wc, washbasin, bath with shower over.
- Large attractive well planted garden with lawns, borders shrubs and garden furniture
- Lockable shed for storage of bikes etc. Space for several canoes.
- Barbeque with initial supply of charcoal
- Outside decked area.
- Two designated parking spaces at the rear of the property with other shared parking spaces also available
Other Things to Note
- Oil fired central heating, all electricity, bed linen, initial bag of logs and kindling.
- Towels, travel cot, high chair and stairgate available to hire.
- Sorry no pets.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available.
Around and About
- Pubs 1.5 miles, shops 5 miles, buses 50 yards.