At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Spectacular lake views
- Quirky period features
- Great for couples/friends sharing
- Parking for 2 cars
About this Holiday Cottage
Perfect for exploring Beatrix Potter Country, Tower Cottage is within walking distance of Far Sawrey and the author's historic home Hill Top. The cottage sits in an elevated spot and has views across to Lake Windermere. It is one of a selection of outstanding properties on the Victorian Sawrey Knotts country house estate once owned by a Captain Dand. Fine inns and village shops are nearby
A former Victorian folly with spectacular views, Tower Cottage has a feature castellation and is accessed via steps up to a spacious wooden verandah. The property is brimming with character features including slate flooring and wooden beams, a huge slate fireplace with log stove and a charming wooden staircase up to two en-suite bedrooms.
- Dining-kitchen - with spectacular lake views, fully fitted in oak with electric cooker, microwave, fridge/freezer, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer.
- Shower room with wc.
- Sitting room with panoramic views, slate fireplace with log burning stove, colour TV and DVD.
- Bedroom 1 - with double bed, lake views, en-suite bathroom with shower and wc.
- Bedroom 2 - with king-size bed (or twin 2'6" single beds), lake views, en-suite wc and wash basin.
- Extensive timber veranda with garden furniture.
- Parking for 2 cars.
Other Things to Note
- Oil fired central heating and 1 bag of logs for the fire, all electricity and bed linen included.
- Pets welcome.
- Towels, travel cot and high chair available to hire.
- The owners respectfully request guests only smoke outside the cottage.
Short breaks (minimum 3 nights). Dogs charged at £25 each.
Around and About
- Pub serving food, village shop, buses 500-1000 yards.