At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Central village location
- Former 19th century coach house
- Parking for two cars
- Period features
About this Holiday Cottage
A former 19th century coach house brimming with character, The Secret Cottage in Coniston village is a perfect retreat for couples or a great holiday base for families. Traditional features include exposed oak beams, a woodburning stove and you'll be nice and cosy during colder months - the property includes new gas fired central heating and a real fire. Pets are welcome and there is a fabulous little walled garden with fell views. Guests also have use of an additional lawned beckside garden (children and pets will need supervision here as the lawned garden, although fenced, sits close to a stream).
On the ground floor:-
- Traditional Lakeland porch.
- Sitting/Dining room with a wood burning stove, colour TV with internal DVD and CD player, and French windows to the garden.
- Kitchen containing an electric hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge/freezer microwave and a washing machine.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Bedroom 1 - with oak feature sleigh bed and en-suite shower room with shower and WC.
- Bedroom 2 - with king size bed (or twin single 2'6" beds).
- Adjacent house bathroom with shower over and WC.
- Utility room with tumble drier and storage area for bikes, etc.
- Parking for 2 cars next to the cottage - additional parking in the area.
- The driveway to the cottage is level, but narrow! (we recommend vehicles no larger than your average family sized car, but 4x4s will fit. Please use your own judgement. Free parking is also available on the road just outside the cottage.
Other Things to Note
- Bed linen, electricity, gas, Wi-Fi, gas fired central heating and initial logs for the fire.
- Towels, travel cot and high chair all available to hire.
Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, available. Dogs welcome at £25 per dog.
Around and About
- Buses, restaurants and shops 300 yards
- Pub with good local food 200 yards