At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Large garden & bike storage
- Romantic hideaway
- Cot and highchair available
- Restaurants/shops 600 yards
- Country pub 10 yards
About this Holiday Cottage
Situated just to the south of Coniston down a peaceful lane and next to the Ship Inn, Bowmanstead Cottage is a character 18th century farmhouse beautifully restored and perfect for family groups, romantic escapes and for lovers of the great outdoors. Character features are throughout including beamed ceilings, a feature stone hearth with real fireplace, slate flags and cosy rugs. Settle down in the extra comfy, brand new leather sofa or outside in the spacious terraced garden with dog run and kennel. Secure bike storage and private parking for 2 cars is included. The property is ideally placed for a range of outdoor activities. The Cumbrian Way is nearby, or head off direct from your cottage door into the fells towards The Old Man of Coniston.
Living space on the Ground floor includes:-
- A traditional Lakeland porch
- Sitting room with new leather sofa, log burning fire, TV, DVD and CD players.
- Dining area.
- Kitchen with a range size gas hob and oven, dishwasher, fridge and a microwave.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
On the first floor:-
- Bedroom 1 - with double 4 poster bed and en-suite bathroom with walk in shower & WC.
- Bedroom 2 - with king size bed (or twin single 2'6" beds.
- Adjacent house bathroom with shower and WC.
- Large terraced garden, with steps, shrubs, garden furniture, dog run and kennel. Please note a small stream runs along the bottom of the garden.
- Cycle storage, lockable outbuilding which can easily store 4 bikes.
- Large utility room/drying room attached to property, with washing machine, tumble dryer, freezer and heating.
- Extended car parking area for two cars. Additional parking nearby.
Other Things to Note
- Bed linen, Wi-Fi, electricity, gas, gas fired central heating and initial logs for the fire.
- Cycle storage available.
- Towels, travel cot and high chair.
- Pets welcome.
Short breaks (minimum 3 nights) available. Dogs welcome - £25 per dog.
Around and About
- Buses, restaurants and shops 600 yards.
- Quaint country pub serving good local food 10 yards.