At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Private garden
- Secure bike store
- Woodburner (logs available)
- Disposable BBQ (summer only)
- Cot, highchair & baby toys
About Hayloft House Cottage
A spacious 3 bedroom barn conversion in the Scottish Borders near Duns, Hayloft House is perfect for families and couples, just a 10 minute drive from the Berwickshire Coast. Formerly part of Maines Farm, Hayloft House is 1 of 3 stunning cottages sleeping 6 and 4, and has wonderful views towards the Cheviot Hills. Beautiful rural surrounds contain pretty villages brimming with fine inns, restaurants and cafes serving delicious local produce. The cottage is ideally placed for exploring North Northumberland, Holy Island and nearby Berwick-upon-Tweed. Edinburgh and East Lothian are within an hour's drive.
Light and airy accommodation is appointed to a high standard. Ground floor living space comprises:-
- Entrance Hall
- Living room with large windows and lots of natural light plus a cosy woodburning stove. Logs are available to purchase on request.
- WiFi suitable for use with your own device, a 42" TV and DVD player along with a selection of DVDs, books and magazines are all available in the sitting room.
- Spacious fully fitted kitchen with dining table seating six guests, a range cooker and 4 ringed ceramic hob, a microwave, dishwasher and a washing machine. Accessories including a kettle and toaster are provided, along with all crockery, glasses and cutlery.
- Downstairs wet room with a shower, wash basin and a wc.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Three bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite) on the upper floor include:-
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed and an en-suite with shower, wc and a wash basin.
- Double bedroom which can be a Super king double or a twin room as preferred.
- Bunk bedroom
- Main bathroom with a bath, wash basin and a wc.
- A private courtyard garden with a dining area and herbs which guests are welcome to use for cooking.
- Secure bike and equipment store.
- Private parking.
Other Things to Note
- Bedlinen, towels and complimentary soap are inclusive.
- A cot, highchair and some baby toys are available (free of charge) - please request when booking.
- Logs for the woodburner can be purchased from us during cooler winter months and a log basket is provided.
- A hairdryer is available in the master bedroom.
- Disposable BBQ (summer only).
- Clothes drying area with an iron and board.
- We live in the farmhouse close to Hayloft House and are always happy to assist - just ask if you need anything.
- Sorry no pets please
Changeover day for weekly bookings is flexible (usually a Friday). Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, are available off peak.
The 3 cottages can be booked separately or together to accommodate larger groups. Please call us direct for more information.
Local Attractions & Location
Our cottages are in a beautiful rural spot just on the edge of Chirnside village near Duns. The A1 is an easy drive away putting you within easy reach of many attractions and activities including:-
- The Cheviot Hills
- Berwick-upon-Tweed (16 minute drive)
- The Berwickshire Coast
- Holy Island and the Northumberland Heritage Coast
- East Lothian and Edinburgh (within a 1 hour drive)
- Duns, home to a museum dedicated to local world racing champion Jim Clark (13 minute drive)
- We're perfect for local events including the Jim Clark Rally and The Common Ridings both held in May
- First class salmon fishing on the River Tweed is right on our doorstep
- Border Abbeys and Castles
- Alnwick with the famous 'Harry Potter' Castle and family friendly Alnwick Gardens is easily reached via the A1