At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Private courtyard garden
- Woodburner (logs available)
- Cot, highchair & baby toys
- Short breaks off peak
- Disposable BBQ (summer)
About Stewards House Cottage
A charming and spacious 3 bedroom barn conversion in the Scottish Borders, Stewards House is one of our three cottages near Duns sleeping 6 and 4 guests. The cottage was formerly part of Maines Farm and has been lovingly converted, offering spacious and bright living areas perfect for families and couples. The location is spectacular, surrounded by fields and with views towards the Cheviot Hills. The A1 is within easy reach and a wealth of attractions and activities are nearby including beautiful beaches on the Berwickshire Coast, the border town of Berwick-upon-Tweed and North Northumberland, home to Alnwick Castle and Holy Island.
Nestling in a quiet spot, spacious Stewards House is light and airy with lots of space. Living areas on the ground floor comprise:-
- An entrance hall
- Living room with woodburner (logs available). Large windows allowing in plenty of natural light. 42" TV and DVD player. WiFi is available which can be used with your own device. A selection of DVDs, magazines and books are also provided.
- Fully fitted kitchen with dining area seating 6 guests, a dishwasher, washing machine, microwave, a range cooker and accessories including a kettle and toaster, cutlery, glasses and crockery.
- Downstairs wet room with a shower, wc and a wash basin.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
Three bedrooms and 2 bathrooms (1 en-suite) are on the upper floor and include:-
- Master bedroom with a king-size bed and an en-suite with a shower, wc and wash basin.
- A double bedroom which can be a twin or a Super king.
- Bunk bedroom.
- Main bathroom with a bath, wc and a wash basin.
- Enclosed private courtyard garden with dining area and herbs which guests are welcome to use for cooking.
- Private parking
- Secure bike and outdoor equipment store
Other Things to Note
- Towels, bedlinen and complimentary soap all included.
- Clothes drying facility with iron and board available
- Cot, highchair and a selection of baby toys - please request on booking
- Logs for the woodburner can be purchased direct from us onsite
- Hairdryer in the master bedroom
- Disposable BBQ (summer only)
Weekly booking start days can be flexible (usually Saturday). Short breaks, minimum 3 nights, are available off peak.
Stewards House can be booked individually for 6 guests or in conjunction with our other two cottages sleeping 6 and 4 to accommodate larger groups. Please contact us direct for information.
Location & Local Attractions
The cottages sit in a stunning rural location in the Scottish Borders between Eyemouth on the Berwickshire Coast and Duns. The A1 is an easy drive away.
- Berwick-upon Tweed (16 minute drive)
- Holy Island and the Northumberland Heritage Coast - a short drive away
- Edinburgh and East Lothian within a 1 hour drive
- Duns with its many amenities and a Jim Clark museum dedicated to the local world racing champion (13 minute drive)
- Border Abbeys and Castles
- Alnwick Castle and Gardens
- Berwickshire Coast
- The Cheviot Hills
- Salmon fishing on the River Tweed
- Perfect for local events including two big May events in the Scottish Borders - The Common Ridings and the Jim Clark Rally