At a Glance
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Free WiFi & Sky TV
- Spectacular lake & fell views
- Off road parking for 4/5 cars
- Woodburner & dining room
- Short breaks
**Please note that there is building work taking place at a neighbouring property until June 2016 resulting in increased traffic in the area. We are in constant communication with the builders to try and minimise disruption to our guests.**
About Dale Farm
The perfect Lakeland accommodation for groups, Dale End Farm at Grasmere is a classic stone built farmhouse sleeping up to 11 guests in 5 bedrooms. The property nestles on the lower slopes of Silver Howe with views across to Grasmere Lake, Heron Pike and the central surrounding Fells. Grasmere village, home to Wordsworth's historic house Dove Cottage, is just 1 mile away and this stunning farmhouse is the perfect blend of the modern and traditional featuring a woodburning stove, a range cooker in the kitchen and a spacious hallway with feature Lakeland stone flooring. Ample private parking is onsite and up to two pets are permitted.
Designed to be flexible, accommodation consists of three properties - The Cottage sleeping up to 11 guests, or if booked in conjunction with Dale End Barn and Dale End Loggia large groups of up to 17 guests can be accommodated.
Downstairs accommodation comprises:-
- Entrance hall into spacious hallway featuring stunning lakeland stone flooring, ample seating, bookshelves and a separate wc off the hall. Hooks for coats are available.
- A step down, into a large sitting room with seating for 12 guests and a brand new large flat-screen TV equipped with a Sky package, plus a video and DVD player, a cosy woodburner and fabulous views across to Grasmere Lake and the fells.
- Access from the lounge through to a study area with a flat-screen TV and seating for 7 guests.
- From the sitting room, through to the garden and an upper terrace space with attractive rustic style picnic tables seating up to 12 guests.
- Brand new fully fitted and hand-made oak kitchen with great views. In a traditional country cottage style with a La Canche range cooker, a dishwasher, and in a separate utility area a full sized fridge and freezer. Ample cupboard storage space for all your kitchen accessories is available.
- The kitchen and the hall lead into the beautiful dining room with a vast long table seating up to 12 guests.
- Just off the dining room a door affords access into a ground floor family bedroom with a king-size bed and a single bed with en-suite shower room.
Upstairs Accommodation comprises:-
- Wide stairs leading up from the entrance hall to the first floor and a short passageway with adjoining door for the farm and the barn (should you wish to hire properties in conjunction for larger groups).
- Off the passageway is a recently refurbished master bedroom with magnificent views and a feature wrought iron bed.
- The master bedroom includes a new en-suite bathroom with a bath and shower over, wash basin and a wc.
- Continue on up the landing to the second bedroom with a double bed and wash basin.
- Bedroom 3 is a twin bedroom also with a wash basin.
- A further bedroom is a double with a king-size bed and en-suite bathroom situated through mirrored doors.
- An extra shower room and a separate wc are also upstairs.
- Large garden, beautifully presented with a small stream and super views across to the lake.
- Spacious patio area with views and steps down to a lower level grassed area of the garden.
- Off road parking for 4 to 5 cars is located in the lower car park area.
Other Things to Note
- Two pets welcome
- Wireless broadband internet access included across all three properties
- Guests please note - Dale End Farm shares a small area of the garden with Dale End Barn.
Short breaks available.
Around and About
- Grasmere shops, restaurants, cafes and inns are within easy reach.
- Supermarkets deliver in the area.
- Windermere is 9.7 miles away. The property is just 32 miles off the M6, Junction 36.
Local attractions include:-
- Dove Cottage and the Wordsworth Museum in Grasmere - 2.7 miles.
- Pick up boat trips on Lake Windermere at Ambleside's Waterhead Pier 6.7 miles away
- Brockhole visitor centre, Windermere - 8.2 miles.
- Yew Tree Farm, Coniston - 5.4 miles
- Coniston Gondola/ boat trips on the lake - 7.8 miles.