At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Langdale Valley location
- Saturday changeover
- Stunning modern interior
- Free WiFi
- Parking for 1 car
- Ambleside 10 minutes away
- Close to the Britannia Inn pub
- Shop/ tea rooms nearby
About Townfoot Cottage
An ultra modern sophisticated property, Townfoot Cottage nestles in the heart of the Langdale Valley, a mere 10 minutes from Ambleside. Offering a picture postcard rural setting within the hamlet of Elterwater, the cottage is the perfect base from which to explore the Lake District National Park.
Breathtaking walks are direct from your door and numerous opportunities for cycling, water sports, horse riding and other outdoor activities are available locally. Four legged furry friends are welcome - Townfoot Cottage is dog friendly with parking for 1 car, a cosy log burner and free WiFi internet access. The Britannia Inn pub, as well as tea rooms and a shop are also conveniently nearby.
- One of a selection of charming Lakeland cottages located around an attractive small courtyard.
- Traditional exterior and luxury modern interior.
- Entrance into a stylish contemporary kitchen and dining area.
- Fully fitted kitchen with granite worktops, glass splashbacks, LED downlighting and luxury appliances including Bosch induction hob, fan oven and microwave, an integrated fridge and a freezer, dishwasher, toaster, kettle, extractor hood plus a drying room area with a washer and dryer.
- Solid oak dining table seating 4 guests on oak chairs.
- Lounge with a cosy log burner, a 42" LED HD TV, Blu-ray DVD player, comfortable leather sofas, stylish solid oak furnishings, LED downlighting and stunning valley views.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two upstairs king-size double bedrooms
- Both bedrooms feature Egyptian cotton bed linen, solid oak furniture, a double wardrobe and drawers, and a window seat with valley views.
- Family bathroom - the perfect spot to relax after a day on the fells, containing a bath with shower over, heated towel rail, a wash basin with a mirror and a shaver point.
Other Things to Note
- Free parking for one car is provided.
- Free WiFi internet access
- Up to two well behaved dogs are welcome to stay with you. A dog guard is provided across the stairs.
- Bed linen, towels and fuel all inclusive.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is a Saturday. Please do contact us direct for availability.
Around and About
- Ambleside (10 minutes) - home to the Armitt Museum and a superb range of shops, restaurants, inns and a cinema.
- Go Ape (Grizedale)
- Honister Slate Mine, Borrowdale
- Rydal Mount & Gardens, Wordsworth's historic home near Ambleside.
- Dove Cottage - Wordsworth Museum (Grasmere)
- Hawkshead and Beatrix Potter Country is just to the south.
- Boat trips on Lake Windermere from nearby Brockhole, Ambleside and Windermere.