At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Eco-friendly heating & lighting
- Free WiFi
- Log burner/Inglenook fireplace
- Sun room & snug
- Changeover day Saturday
- Grade II listed/17th century
- Original features
- Mortal Man Inn nearby
About Townfoot Farmhouse
A Grade II Listed 17th century detached property accommodating six, Townfoot Farmhouse at Troutbeck is brimming with character period features. Beautiful hillside gardens surround it, and inside cosy eco-friendly biomass heating, underfloor heating and a woodburner make this spacious period property the perfect choice for year round escapes to the Lakes.
Windermere and Ambleside are both just 5 minutes away, and the famous Mortal Man inn serving fine food and drink is within walking distance. No need to leave furry friends behind - this luxury farmhouse is dog friendly and spectacularly situated in the Troutbeck Valley with a choice of scenic walks from your door.
- The interior retains many aspects of the original farmhouse including character beamed ceilings, mullion windows, old window seats and inglenook fireplaces. Throughout you'll find many nooks and crannies, as well as ancient details and features.
- Three reception rooms including:-
- The lounge with garden and valley views through oak mullioned windows contains a 50" LED TV with Blu-ray player, surround sound audio bar, slates with underfloor heating, luxury leather sofas, and a clearview log burner.
- A snug with a sofa, table and bean bag.
- Sunroom with a utility area containing a washing machine and dryer. A set of patio doors lead out to the garden.
- The designer kitchen/dining room contains a long oak table, granite and beech worktops, Neff appliances, old slates with underfloor heating, and LED downlighting.
- Kitchen appliances include a Neff extra wide induction hob, fan oven and microwave, a Neff fridge/freezer with an ice maker, a dishwasher and an extractor hood, toaster, blender, kettle and a useful pop-up socket with a USB phone charger.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Sleeps 8 in 4 bedrooms all with Egyptian cotton bed linen and solid oak furnishings
- Bedroom 1 - Super king size bed, two double wardrobes, an ancient window seat and solid oak furniture.
- Bedroom 2 - King size bed. Dual aspect with valley and garden views.
- Bedroom 3 - King size bed, valley views and a 42" LED TV.
- Three fully fitted bathrooms in a contemporary or traditional style.
- Bathroom 1 - a traditionally styled bathroom with bath and shower over plus a door out to the garden.
- Bathroom 2 - a second traditionally styled bathroom with a bath and shower over, and a door out to the garden.
- Bathroom 3 - stylish modern bathroom with a large shower and porcelain tiling, plus stunning valley views.
The spectacular garden is much admired locally and features wonderful colours all year round. Several viewpoints in the garden afford fabulous views of the surrounding Troutbeck Valley.
The cottage has several patio areas, a summerhouse, garden furniture, a barbecue and rotary washing line.
Off-road parking is provided for three cars.
Other Things to Note
- Slate flooring with underfloor heating.
- Eco-friendly biomass heating.
- Eco-friendly LED lighting.
- Free WiFi internet access.
- All bed linen, fuel and towels are inclusive.
- Dogs welcome.
- Sorry no children under 16 years please.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is a Saturday. Please do get in-touch to enquire about availability.
Around and About
Ideal for a large family, the cottage has easy access to all the Lake District has to offer, whether it's walking, cycling, horse riding, watersports or just a spot of sightseeing.
The village of Troutbeck within walking distance has numerous listed buildings, a pub serving food, a village shop and tea room. The shores of Lake Windermere are also within walking distance and nearby attractions include:-
- Townend House (Troutbeck)
- Go Ape (Grizedale)
- Honister Slate Mine, Borrowdale
- Keswick Brewing Company (Keswick)
- Dove Cottage - Wordsworth Museum (Grasmere)
- Rydal Mount & Gardens, Wordsworth's historic home near Ambleside
- Visit our website for more inspiration and information on local attractions and activities.