At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Decked balcony with lovely views
- Free loch & river fishing
- Wi-Fi & Freeview/Sky TV
- Washing machine & dishwasher
- Free use of canoes & boats
- Short breaks all year
- Mountain bike hire
- Visitor centre & shop
About The Whooper
Situated in an attractive south facing position, The Whooper is a luxury two bedroom chalet on the award-winning Portnellan Estate near Crainlarich village. The property has wonderful views towards the summit of Ben More and spacious open plan living areas for up to four people. Relax on the private furnished balcony and enjoy a choice of free onsite activities including 5 miles of loch and river fishing plus free use of Canadian canoes and boats.
- A spacious lounge area with leather seating, a dining area seating four and doors leading out onto the decked veranda.
- Facilities include a flat screen TV with Freeview Sky TV, a DVD player and CD Hi-Fi system.
- A fully fitted kitchen contains a fan assisted oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher, washing machine, fridge and freezer.
- Other small appliances include a food processor, sandwich toaster, Senseo coffee machine and toaster. Royal Doulton crockery, utensils, a range of glassware, cutlery, pots and pans are all provided.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - a king-size double and a twin bedroom both with fitted wardrobes, drawers, hair dryer, alarm clock and bedside lighting.
- Bathroom with a bath and electric shower over, heated towel rail, wash basin and wc.
Enjoy stunning country views from the sun trap decked veranda with outdoor seating provided. Private parking is onsite.
Other Things to Note
- Bike and boat hire available for an extra charge.
- Visitor centre with free local information and maps, DVDs, board games and fresh organic meat produce for sale.
- Clay pigeon shooting and target shooting can be arranged for your stay.
- Full Sky TV package, a Weber gas barbecue and 'Tempur' comfort topper mattress can all be hired for an additional charge.
- Five miles of free estate loch and river fishing.
- Free use of boats and canoes.
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, fluffy soft towels, tea towels and an oven glove are all provided.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own Highland luxury retreat? Here at Portnellan we have a selection of luxury chalets and holiday properties available for sale and to rent. Call us direct or find more information on our website.
Short breaks (minimum stay 2 nights), weekly stays and long-lets are available all year round. This property does not accept pets.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
Portnellan on the northern edge of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor for a number of years. We've also just been shortlisted for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Around and About
Within the Estate enjoy free loch and river fishing, scenic lochside walks and admire our unique castle ruins on a small island on the loch. A wealth of activities are available in the local area including horse riding, open water swimming, golf, cycling and geocaching. Over 40 munros are within a 10 mile radius offering excellent hill walking territory.