At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- Loch Dochart & Ben More views
- Furnished private patio
- Free use of canoes & boats
- Mountain bike hire
- Free loch & river fishing
- Unlimited Wi-Fi & Full Sky TV
- Clay pigeon shooting
- Visitor centre/ shop
About The Raven
Perfect for a luxury holiday or short break, The Raven is a stunning 5 Star chalet near Crianlarich village, situated on the award-winning Portnellan Estate in Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. Boasting beautiful views across to Loch Dochart, The Raven sleeps up to four people and has a spacious pine living area with a cathedral ceiling, a modern kitchen and two bath/ shower rooms. Unlimited WiFi internet access and full Sky TV package are also inclusive, and 5 miles of free loch and river fishing is onsite.
- Spacious open plan living area with a comfortable lounge suite and modern entertainment facilities such as a 37" LCD TV with full Sky package, a Blu Ray DVD player and Nintendo Wii.
- Double doors lead out onto the decked furnished veranda.
- Dining area seating four guests.
- A modern fully fitted kitchen contains a fridge/ freezer, washer/ dryer, fan assisted oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher and microwave. Small appliances include a Senseo coffee machine, toaster, food processor and sandwich toaster. Cutlery, Royal Doulton crockery, cooking utensils, pots, pans and glasses are also inclusive.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - 1 large king-size double with an ensuite shower room and a twin bedroom with 2 single beds.
- Both bedrooms have plenty of storage, a hairdryer, bedside lighting and an alarm clock.
- Main modern bathroom containing a bath with an overhead shower, bathrobes, slippers and luxury Arran Aromatic toiletries.
The furnished private patio has spectacular views across to Loch Dochart, the castle ruin, the steep glenside and towards Ben More. Private parking is available, and a Weber gas barbecue can be supplied free of charge on request.
Other Things to Note
- The rental charge includes towels, tea towels, an oven glove and Egyptian cotton bed linen.
- Mountain bike hire, including a helmet and emergency repair kit.
- Guests are welcome to make use of free boats and Canadian canoes during their stay.
- We can arrange outdoor activities such as clay pigeon shooting and target shooting for an additional charge.
- There are five miles of free loch and river fishing to enjoy within the Portnellon Estate.
- Free DVDs, board games, local maps and information can be found at the visitors centre.
- Purchase fresh organic meat produce at reception - perfect for BBQs!
- Ever thought about owning your own luxury Highland holiday home? The Portnellan Estate contains a variety of stunning luxury chalets and holiday properties sleeping 1 to 8, available for sale and rent. Find out more on our website.
Short breaks, weekly stays and long-lets are available all year round. Sorry no pets please.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
The Portnellan Estate is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award-winner, and has received this award for consecutive years. We've also just been shortlisted for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Around and About
The Raven is ideal for exploring the northern fringes of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park, set close to excellent facilities for fishing, walking, climbing and boating. First class golf, geocaching around Ben More, watersports including open water swimming and pony trekking are all easily accessed locally. A number of some of Scotland's finest whisky distilleries are also within easy reach.
Nearby Crianlarich railway station offers a regular direct service to Oban, Fort William and Glasgow including the famous Caledonian overnight sleeper that runs from London Euston direct to Crianlarich nightly.
Ferry travel from Ijmuiden in Holland direct to Newcastle, then a drive of approximately 3 hours will bring you to the doorstop of Portnellan. With direct flights in abundance from most European airports to either Edinburgh or Glasgow there is an easy way to reach your Highland hideaway.
- From the South follow the M74 to Glasgow, then the M9. Follow signs for Stirling. Stay on the M9 until you see signs for A84, Crianlarich. Junction 10. Continue on the A84 until it joins the A85 at Lochearnhead, and stay on the A85, following signs for Crianlarich. The A85 takes you to Portnellan about two miles before Crianlarich. The estate will be on your left, and is signposted.
- From Edinburgh leave the city by the M9 and follow signs for Stirling. Stay on the M9 until you see signs for the A84, Crianlarich. Junction 10. Continue on the A84 until it joins the A85 at Lochearnhead, and stay on the A85, following signs for Crianlarich. The A85 takes you to Portnellan about two miles before Crianlarich. The estate will be on your left, and is signposted. (Journey time:- 120 minutes).
- From Glasgow leave the city westbound on the M8, following signs for Glasgow Airport and after that the Erskine Bridge. Follow signs for Dumbarton and then stay on the A82 tourist route as it meanders up Loch Lomondside. At Tarbet, turn right towards Crianlarich, and continue following the loch. Stay on this road through Ardlui until you enter Crianlarich village. At the T-junction turn right towards the village centre and Stirling, and follow this road (A85) about two miles out of the village. Portnellan is on the right and is signposted. (Journey time: 90 minutes).