At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Free loch & river fishing
- Short breaks all year
- Decked veranda
- Dishwasher & fridge/ freezer
- Free use of canoes & boats
- Visitor centre & shop
- Mountain bike hire
- Clay pigeon shooting
About The Ptarmigan
Situated high on the hillside overlooking Glen Dochart, The Ptarmigan is a luxury chalet on the award-winning Portnellan Estate. Offering total relaxation or the perfect base for a high octane activity break, The Ptarmigan is ideal for friends/ two couples sharing or small family groups and has some of the finest views of all our luxury properties. Facilities include a private deck, spacious living accommodation and two comfortable bedrooms.
- Stylish L-shaped open plan living space with sliding door offering direct access onto the decked veranda with a unique vista.
- Comfortable red lounge suite, dining area seating four and flat screen Sony 32" LCD TV with Freeview/ Sky channels.
- The kitchen is fitted with an excellent range of facilities including a fridge/ freezer, dishwasher, fan assisted oven, ceramic hob and microwave. Small appliances include a Senseo coffee machine, toaster, food processor and sandwich toaster. We have also supplied Royal Doulton crockery, cutlery, glasses, pots, pans and cooking utensils.
- Essentials including ironing facilities, a clothes horse and a vacuum cleaner are also supplied.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - king size double bedroom and a twin bedroom each with a fitted wardrobe, drawers, bedside lighting, an alarm clock and a hair dryer.
- Shared modern bathroom containing a bath with an overhead shower and a bath mat.
There is a decked veranda with patio furniture and parking facilities. BBQs are available to hire for a small extra charge.
Other Things to Note
- Full Sky TV package for an additional fee.
- Bike and boat hire on site and activities such as clay pigeon shooting and target shooting can be arranged.
- Tempur comfort mattress and a Weber gas BBQ for an extra fee.
- Cot and high chair supplied free of charge
- Towels, Egyptian cotton bed linen and utility charges included
- Local information, maps plus a range of DVDs and board games available free of charge in the visitors centre.
- Free use of boats and Canadian canoes.
- Fresh organic meat produce sourced from a local farm can be purchased from reception.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own luxury Highland holiday home? Portnellan has a variety of luxury chalets and holiday properties sleeping 1 to 8 for sale or to rent. Browse our website for more information or contact us direct to discuss.
Short breaks, weekly stays and long stays are offered throughout the year.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
Portnellan is a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence award-winner, and has received this award for 5 consecutive years. We've also just been shortlisted for Visit Scotland's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Around and About
The luxury chalet is set in the northern part of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park close to excellent opportunities for hill walking, climbing, fishing and boating. The Estate features its own castle ruin located on a small island in the loch. Whisky distilleries, scenic boat trips, golf, horse riding and geocaching are all easilly accessed locally. We're perfect for walking holidays and short breaks, located within a 10 mile radius of over 40 munros.