At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Private veranda
- Free loch & river fishing
- Digital TV & optional Sky box
- Dishwasher & laundry service
- Free use of canoes & boats
- Short breaks all year
- Visitor centre & shop
- Mountain bike hire
About The Otter
Offering unrestricted views of the summit of Ben More, The Otter is one of our most secluded luxury chalets at Portnellan and offers superb facilities for up to four people. The property's private balcony is within 30 metres of cascading Ben More burn, and over 40 munros are within a 10 mile radius offering excellent opportunities for hill walking.
- Attractive 'L shaped' open plan living space includes a living area with double doors leading out on to the decked veranda, a TV with Freeview/Sky TV service, a DVD player, stereo CD Hi-Fi and dining area seating four.
- Fitted carpets and double glazing are throughout.
- The fitted kitchen is well equipped with a fan assisted oven, fridge, freezer, hob, dishwasher and microwave. Smaller appliances include a sandwich toaster, Senseo coffee machine, toaster and food processor. Cutlery, Royal Doulton crockery, glasses, cooking utensils, pots and pans are also provided for your use.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- King size double bedroom and twin bedroom which share use of a bathroom with overhead shower and bath mat.
- Bedrooms are furnished with fitted wardrobes, drawers, hair dryer, alarm clock and bedside lighting.
The lodge has a private furnished veranda, parking and is set less than thirty metres from the cascading Ben More burn.
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels and an oven glove are all provided.
- A cot and highchair can be made available at no extra cost.
- There is a £10 charge for an optional Tempur Mattress topper.
- Visitor centre with free DVDs, board games, local maps and information which guests are welcome to use.
- We can arrange outdoor activities including clay pigeon shooting, mountain bike hire and target shooting for you at an additional charge.
- Free canoes and boats are available to use onsite - perfect for a day on the water around local lochs and rivers.
- Buy fresh organic meat produce sourced from a nearby farm at reception.
- Have you dreamed of owning your own Highland luxury retreat? Portnellan contains a variety of luxury holiday properties sleeping 1 to 8 available for sale or to rent. Find out more on our website or call us direct for more information.
Short breaks, weekly bookings and long-lets are welcome all year round. Please note this property is not suitable for pets.
The Portnellan Estate has been awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 5 consecutive years in a row. We've also just been shortlisted for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Around and About
Situated in the beautiful northern reaches of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park, The Otter is ideal for walking, climbing, fishing and boating holidays. Ben More is adjacent to Portnellan and a top spot for Geocaching. Portnellan also has its own castle ruin located on a small island on Loch Dochart.
Popular local whisky distilleries include the Famous Grouse distillery, Dewar's of Aberfeldy and Scotland's smallest distillery Bells. Enjoy 5 miles of free loch and river fishing on the estate, and easy access to an extensive choice of local activities from open water swimming, cycling and golf to horse riding, birdwatching and hill walking on surrounding munros.