At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Decked veranda & parking
- Free use of canoes & boats
- Digital TV & Wi-Fi service
- Mountain bike hire
- Free loch & river fishing
- Short breaks all year
- One small pet permitted
- Visitor centre
About Osprey Luxury Chalet
A perfect retreat for two, or for friends sharing and small family groups, Osprey is a two bedroom luxury chalet situated on the Portnellan hillside with lovely fell views and a high standard of recently refurbished accommodation. One small pet is welcome by prior arrangement, and a choice of spectacular walking opportunities are direct from your door. Portnellan is within a 10 mile radius of over 40 munros.
- The Osprey has an open living, dining and kitchen area with 2 leather sofas and a leather chair, 37" LCD TV with DVD and SKY package and a DVD player.
- The dining suite can seat four people and the kitchen has a fridge, freezer, fan assisted oven, ceramic hob, a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave and small appliances including a sandwich toaster, microwave, Senseo coffee machine and food processor. Royal Doulton crockery, cooking utensils, glasses, pots and pans are also inclusive.
- The Osprey has been recently refurbished to include beautiful hand-made Harris Tweed soft furnishings provided by Sula Furnishings, low energy LED lighting throughout and complete redecoration and kitchen refit.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - a king-size double bedroom and a twin bedroom with features including sliding mirrored wardrobes, drawers, bedside lighting, a hair dryer and alarm clock.
- The modern bathroom has a bath with an overhead shower.
The lodge has private parking and a furnished veranda which overlooks Glen Dochart, often referred to as the best view on the estate.
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels and an oven glove are all provided.
- If required, we can also supply a cot and high chair at no extra cost.
- There is a £10 charge for an optional Tempur Mattress topper.
- The visitor centre has a range of free DVDs, board games, local maps and information which our guests can use.
- We can arrange outdoor activities including clay pigeon shooting, mountain bike hire and target shooting for you at an extra charge.
- For a day on the nearby lochs and rivers, we offer free use of boats and Canadian canoes.
- Purchase fresh organic meat produce sourced from a local farm at reception.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own Highland luxury holiday property? Portnellan offers a variety of luxury accommodation sleeping 1 to 8 available for sale or to rent. Call us direct for more information, or browse our website for details.
Portnellan has received a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor for the last five years in a row. We've also been shortlisted for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Short breaks, weekly or longer stays are welcome all year round. One small pet is welcome by prior arrangement only.
Around and About
The Osprey is perfect for total relaxation or an adrenalin pumping activity break. This northern corner of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park is a top spot for walking holidays with dogs, and the area offers a wealth of activity opportunities including on and off road cycling, hill walking, golfing, open water swimming, horse riding and canoeing. A visitor centre and shop are onsite, and a village store is only 2 miles away at Crainlarich village.