At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Veranda with stunning views
- Romantic retreat for two
- Free laundry service
- Free loch & river fishing
- Free use of boats/ canoes
- Parking & bike hire
- Short breaks all year
- Clay pigeon shooting
About The Lapwing
A perfect luxury chalet retreat for couples, The Lapwing is a cosy hideaway situated near the loch on the north side of the Portnellan Estate in Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park. Enjoy spectacular country views from your own private furnished veranda and relax in stylish open plan living space. Onsite facilities available during your stay include free loch and river fishing, and free use of Candian canoes and boats. Call in to the visitor centre for local guides and maps or fresh organic meat produce sourced from a local farm - great for BBQs!
- Comfortable open plan living area with two seater sofa, easy chair, breakfast bar seating two and entertainment facilities including a TV with Freeview Sky service and stereo CD Hi-Fi.
- Fully fitted kitchen with a fan assisted oven, fridge/ freezer, hob, dishwasher, microwave and small appliances such as a sandwich toaster, Senseo coffee machine, food processor and toaster. There is also Royal Doulton crockery, cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils, pots and pans.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- King size master bedroom with a wardrobe, drawers, hair dryer, alarm clock and bedside lights.
- Adjacent bathroom with twin sinks plus a bath with overhead shower and a bath mat.
- Furnished decked veranda with far reaching views over the lambing field and Ben More. The outlook includes views to the loch with a castle ruin on an island in the centre.
- The Ben More burn runs behind the lodge.
Other Things to Note
- There is no washing machine or tumble dryer at this lodge but a free laundry service is available.
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels and an oven glove are all inclusive.
- A cot and high chair are available at no extra fee.
- A Tempur Mattress topper can also be provided for a small extra charge.
- The visitor centre has a range of DVDs, board games, local maps and information which our guests can use.
- Clay pigeon shooting, bike hire and target shooting are available for an extra charge.
- Free use of boats and Canadian canoes onsite.
- WiFi internet access available (1 device is provided, with vouchers and more devices at reception).
- Other facilities to hire for an additional cost include full Sky TV package and a Weber gas BBQ.
- Purchase fresh organic meat produce at reception.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own luxury property in the Highlands? Here at Portnellan we have a variety of luxury chalets and holiday properties for sale or to rent. Find out more on our website or call us direct for more information.
Short breaks, weekly bookings and long-stays are welcome all year round. Please note we do not accept pets.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
Our award-winning Highland Estate has been awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for 5 consecutive years. We've also just been shortlisted for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Around and About
Portnellan is just 2 miles from Crianlarich village, situated in the northern fringes of Loch Lomond and the Trossachs National Park. Scenic walks, cycle rides, climbing and boating trips can all be enjoyed nearby. The Estate offers total relaxation or that perfect Highland base for a high octane activity escape. The wealth of activities in the local area includes open water swimming, horse riding, golfing and geocaching.