At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Free loch & river fishing
- Visitor centre/ shop
- Short breaks all year
- Parking & bike hire
- Free canoes/ boat use
About The Heron
One of a choice of luxury chalets in a beautiful hillside location, The Heron is ideal for friends sharing and families visiting the beautiful scenery of the Loch Lomond and The Trossochs National Park. Onsite facilities include 5 miles of loch and river fishing, plus free use of canoes and boats. Pick up local guides and maps along with fresh organic meat produce from the onsite visitor centre.
- Finished to a high standard with double glazing.
- There is a comfortable lounge suite, dining table with seating for four, TV with digital service, a DVD player, iPod docking station.
- Modern self catering facilities in the kitchen include a fridge, freezer, fan assisted oven, dishwasher and microwave. Small appliances are also provided including a sandwich toaster, food processor, Senseo coffee machine and toaster along with plenty of crockery, cutlery, glassware and cooking utensils.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms - 1 king-size double and 1 twin bedroom.
- Bathroom containing a bath with a shower over.
There is a furnished outdoor seating area with lovely views plus parking facilities for the lodge.
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels and an oven glove are all included.
- If required, we can also supply a cot and high chair at no extra fee.
- Weber gas BBQs and Tempur Mattress topper are available to hire for an extra charge.
- Free use of DVDs, board games, local maps and information are available in the visitor centre.
- Fresh organic meat produce is also available to buy at the visitor centre - ideal for BBQs!
- Enjoy days out on local lochs and rivers and take advantage of free use of boats and Canadian canoes.
- Free loch and river fishing.
- Bike hire, including a helmet and emergency tool kit, is available at an extra charge.
- Outdoor activities including clay pigeon shooting and target shooting can be arranged for your stay at an additional fee.
- Wi-Fi connection is supplied free of charge and a full Sky Package can be provided at £20 per stay.
- Ever wanted to own your own luxury Highland holiday property? Award-winning Portnellan Highland Estate offers a variety of luxury holiday properties for sale or to rent. Find out more on our website or call us direct for more information.
Short breaks, weekly bookings and long-stays are welcome all year round. Please note that we do not accept pets.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
The Portnellan Highland Estate has received a Tripadviser Certificate of Excellence Award for 5 consecutive years. We've also recently been shortlisted for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Around and About
The Estate sits on the northern edge of Loch Lomond & The Trossachs National Park and offers a holiday experience for all, whether you're looking for total relaxation or a high octane activity break. Activities onsite include free loch and river fishing, and free use of canoes and boats. Bike hire is also available for an extra charge. The wealth of surrounding activities available include golf, hill walking, cycling, open water swimming, a choice of watersports, geocaching and horse riding.