At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Loch & river fishing
- Washer/ dryer & dishwasher
- Visitor centre & shop
- Short breaks all year
- Free canoes & boats
About this Lodge
Situated in the shade of Ben More and Stob Binnein, The Gamekeeper is a spacious three bedroom luxury chalet perfect for families and friends sharing. Relax on the private outdoor seating area and take in the beautiful views across to Glen Dochart and Loch Luibhair.
- The lodge has double glazing, fitted carpets and electric heating.
- There is a comfortable lounge suite, flat screen TV with Freeview channels, a DVD player, stereo, CD player and hi-fi.
- The fitted kitchen has a good range of self catering facilities including a dishwasher, washer/ dryer, fridge, freezer and microwave. Other small appliances include a food processor, SENSEO coffee machine and sandwich toaster. We also provide Royal Doulton crockery, glasses, cooking utensils, pots and pans.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- The lodge has three bedrooms including one king size double and two twins.
- Bedrooms contain fitted wardrobes, drawers, a hair dryer, alarm clock and bedside lighting.
- The shared bathroom contains a bath with shower over and includes bathmats.
- An outdoor seating area is to the front with lovely views over the surrounding glens, towards Ben More and Loch Luibhair.
- Parking is available onsite.
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels and an oven glove are all inclusive.
- A cot and high chair can be made available at no extra fee.
- Weber gas BBQs can be hired at £10 per stay and there is also a £10 charge for an optional Tempur Mattress topper.
- DVDs, board games, local maps and information on local attractions and activities are in the visitors centre.
- Spend a day on the water, and enjoy free use of boats and Canadian canoes onsite.
- Bike hire, including a helmet and emergency tool kit, is also available for an extra charge.
- Outdoor activities including clay pigeon shooting and target shooting can be arranged for your stay.
- Wi-Fi connection is supplied free of charge and a full Sky Package can be provided at £20 per stay.
- Fresh organic meat produce sourced from a local farm is available to purchase at the visitor centre.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own Highland Retreat? At Portnellan you can live the dream - we have a selection of 1 to 5 bedroom luxury holiday properties available to buy or rent. Call direct for details or find out more on our website.
Portnellan has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from Tripadvisor for the last five years, and has recently been nominated for VISIT SCOTLAND's Thistle Award category "Best Self Catering in Scotland" for our region.
Weekly stays, short breaks and long-lets are available all year round. Please note pets are not accepted.
Around and About
The lodge is set in the northern reaches of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park close to excellent opportunities for walking, cycling, climbing, fishing, golfing, open water swimming, horse riding, watersports and boating. Over 40 munros are within a 10 mile radius and in the local area you'll find whisky distilleries, castle ruins, scenic boat trips and year round festivals and events including Highland Games.