At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Free use of canoes & boats
- Loch & river fishing
- Wi-Fi service & Sky TV
- Sun trap patio
- Visitor centre & shop
- Short breaks all year
- Bike hire
- Romantic retreat
About The Fisher
Situated in a large natural glen behind Portnellan House, The Fisher luxury chalet is a charming retreat for couples and has an outdoor seating area with a lovely westerly aspect. Key features include a newly fitted kitchen and hot water system, beautiful country views and modern entertainment facilities including Sky TV (extra charges may apply).
- Open plan living area with sliding doors leading out to the front patio.
- The living area has a large leather sofa, a Sony LCD TV with Freeview service, DVD player, iPod dock and a dining area seating four.
- The kitchen is well equipped with a washing machine, fridge with freezer compartment, fan assisted oven, ceramic hob, dishwasher and microwave. Small appliances include a food processor, sandwich toaster, SENSEO coffee machine and toaster. We have also provided Royal Doulton crockery, cutlery, glasses, cooking utensils, pots and pans.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- King size double bedroom with fitted wardrobes, drawers, alarm clock and bedside tables.
- Bathroom with overhead power shower which is fed through a newly fitted hot water system.
- Sun trap patio with wonderful country views.
- Onsite car parking.
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, a bathmat, tea towels and an oven glove are all provided.
- If you wish to hire a Weber gas BBQ, these are charged at £10 per booking and there is also a £10 charge for an optional Tempur Mattress topper.
- A vacuum cleaner, ironing facilities and clothes horse are provided.
- Families are welcome and we can supply a cot and high chair free of charge.
- Wi-Fi connection is free and a full Sky Package can be provided at £20 per stay.
- DVDs, board games, local maps and information are all available in the visitor centre.
- Free use of boats and Canadian canoes onsite.
- Bike hire, including a helmet and emergency tool kit, is available for an extra charge.
- Outdoor activities including clay pigeon shooting and target shooting can be arranged for your stay.
- We sell fresh organic meats at reception - perfect for BBQs!
- If you've dreamed of owning your own luxury Highland retreat, Portnellan has a variety of luxury properties sleeping 1 to 8 for sale and to rent. Contact us direct for more information or find out more on our website.
Short breaks, weekly bookings and long-stays are welcome throughout the year. Sorry no pets please.
Award-winning Portnellan Estate
Portnellan Estate on the northern edge of Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park is an award-winning retreat. We have been awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence for consecutive years and The Estate has also been shortlisted for Visit Scotland's Thistle Award category 'Best Self-catering in Scotland' for our region.
Around and About
Whether you're looking for total relaxation in a stunning rural setting or an adrenalin pumped activity break, Portnellan is the perfect choice. Activities within the Estate include Loch and River fishing, or feel free to enjoy one of the free rowing boats and Canadian canoes available.
Bike hire is also onsite and a wealth of walking and cycling opportunities surround us. Over 40 munros are within a 10 mile radius and attractions nearby include whisky distilleries, boat trips, castle ruins and scenic boat trips.