At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Beautiful loch & mountain views
- Visitor centre/ shop
- Upside down cottage design
- Character period features
- Loch & river fishing
- Short breaks all year round
- Mountain bike hire
- Free Canadian canoes
About Curlew Cottage
Situated in Portnellan's private courtyard, Curlew Cottage is a charming period cottage dating from the 19th century which retains lovely features including three foot thick walls. Offering upside down style accommodation, the cottage has two bedrooms and a bathroom with an overhead power shower on the ground floor and living accommodation with wonderful views on the first floor.
Curlew has stunning views towards the Loch and River Dochart, and the estate offers a choice of outdoor activities from river and loch fishing to gentle lochside strolls and challenging hill walking. Canadian canoes and bike hire, plus a visitor centre and shop are all available within the estate.
- The very comfortable living area contains a large sofa, armchair, writing desk, feature fire and a dining area which can seat four. There is also a TV, DVD player and stereo CD player provided for your entertainment.
- A fully fitted kitchen in Cherry wood contains a washer/ dryer, dishwasher, Neff ceramic hob, fridge, oven and combination microwave.
- Newly refurbished throughout, the cottage has brand new carpets, redecorated walls and ceilings, low energy lighting and a new mega flow hot water system.
- There is double glazing and low energy electric heating fitted throughout.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Two bedrooms including a king size double and a twin bedroom.
- Bedrooms share use of a bathroom with overhead shower.
- Both bedrooms are attractively furnished with plenty of storage, bedside lighting, an alarm clock and a hair dryer.
The cottage sits in a private courtyard with views across the lambing meadow to the river and loch. Car parking is also available.
Other Things to Note
- Egyptian cotton bed linen, towels, tea towels, an oven glove and a bath mat are all provided.
- Families are welcome - a cot and high chair can be made available free of charge.
- If you wish to hire a Weber gas BBQ, these are charged at £10 per booking and there is also a £10 charge for an optional Tempur Mattress topper.
- A vacuum cleaner, ironing facilities and clothes horse are provided.
- DVDs, board games, local maps and information are available in the visitors centre.
- Free use of boats and Canadian canoes onsite.
- Bike hire, including a helmet and emergency tool kit, is available for an extra charge.
- Outdoor activities including clay pigeon shooting and target shooting can be arranged on request.
- Wi-Fi connection is supplied free of charge and a full Sky Package can be provided at £20 per stay.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own Highlands luxury property? We have a variety of luxury holiday properties sleeping 1 to 8 available to buy or rent - please do call us direct for more information, or find out more on our website.
- Fresh organic meats can be purchased at reception.
Short breaks, weekly bookings and long-lets available all year round. Sorry no pets please.
Award-Winning Portnellan Estate
Stunning Portnellan is an award-winning Highlands Estate in the Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park. Rent or hire luxury properties onsite. The Estate has consecutively been awarded a Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence Award.
We've also just been shortlisted for Visit Scotland's Thistle Award category 'Best Self-catering in Scotland' for our region.
Around and About
Situated in the northern part of the Loch Lomond and Trossachs National Park, Curlew Cottage is ideal for both walking and cycling holidays with loch and river fishing also available five miles away.
Over 40 munros are within a 10 mile radius of the estate offering excellent hill walking opportunities. Attractions and things to do around Portnellan include whisky distilleries, boat trips, cycling, mountaineering, gorge walking, canyoning and more. Local guides and advice is available at reception.