At a Glance
- 1 king-size bedroom & 1 bathroom
- Romantic bolthole
- Luxury designer interior
- Garden with waterfall
- Eco friendly heating & lighting
- Free WiFi
- Secure bike storage
- Pub & tea rooms nearby
- Friday changeover
About Townfoot Barn
An extra special romantic bolthole, Townfoot Barn for two is a mere 5 minutes from Windermere and Ambleside, and a short stroll from pretty Troutbeck village with an excellent inn, shop and tea rooms. Perfect for couples and idyllically situated, this rural detached barn has spectacular views from all sides and features an ultra modern designer interior.
The shores of Lake Windermere are within walking distance, and a choice of scenic strolls into the central Fells are direct from your door. No need to leave furry friends behind - Townfoot Barn is dog friendly and also benefits from eco-friendly heating and lighting.
- Stepping into the cottage you'll find a seductive and sophisticated interior which is ecologically warmed via a biomass boiler, and furnishings that exude luxury and relaxation.
- The lounge with vaulted ceiling and exquisite real leather sofa has spectacular views of the Troutbeck Valley, a 55 inch LED HDTV with Blu-ray player, a Bluetooth sound bar and glass balustrade.
- On the ground floor is a state-of-the-art kitchen featuring granite worktops and stylish glass splashbacks, LED downlighting, a Neff induction hob and a Bosch fan oven, a microwave, dishwasher, toaster, kettle and a drying room area.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Next to the lounge, on the first floor, is a romantic bedroom for two, beautifully furnished with solid oak furniture, a king size bed with Egyptian cotton linen, a double wardrobe and drawers, touch sensitive dimmer lamps, and a balcony door which leads to the patio garden and waterfall.
- The luxurious bathroom has a monsoon shower over a designer bath with waterfall tap.
The patio garden with a table and chairs is the perfect spot to enjoy an evening drink or al fresco dining. A pretty waterfalled beck from Wansfell runs adjacent to the barn and garden.
Off-road parking and secure bike storage are provided.
Two well behaved dogs are welcome and an outdoor tap is available for washing them off. A dog guard across the stairs is also provided. More information on visiting with pets is available on our website.
- Two well behaved dogs are welcome and an outdoor tap is available for washing them off.
- Free Wi-Fi access.
- Eco-friendly biomass heating and LED lighting.
- All fuel, bed linen and towels are inclusive.
Changeover day for weekly bookings is a Friday. Please contact us direct for availability, and for stays of one week or more. .
Lake District Highlights
- Spectacular walking territory onto Wansfell is direct from your door.
- Troutbeck, a conservation village home to the famous Mortal Man inn, tea rooms, a shop and post office is within walking distance.
- The shores of Lake Windermere are also within walking distance.
- Luxury Townfoot Barn is perfect for exploring the National Park, within 5 minutes of both Windermere town and Ambleside.
- Townend House (Troutbeck)
- Go Ape (Grizedale)
- Dove Cottage - Wordsworth Museum (Grasmere)
- Rydal Mount, Wordworth's historic home near Ambleside
- The Armitt Museum, Ambleside
- Boat trips on Lake Windermere from Ambleside, Brockhole and Bowness.
- Find more information on local attractions, activities and fun days out on our website.