At a Glance
- 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms
- Ample parking for 6 cars
- Two private terraces
- Breathtaking views
- Family groups - sleeps 10-14
- Log fire
- Lovingly restored properties
- Just minutes from Skipton
- Stunning gardens
About Skipton Cottage
Skipton Cottage is a stunning retreat just minutes from the historic market town of Skipton and perfect for family gatherings, artists, activity or corporate groups and friends sharing. This unique cluster of three buildings – The New Building, The Cottage and The Barn – have been beautifully restored retaining character original features along with all modern comforts including internet access. Since the late 1990s we have extended the original 750 year old cottage to include the barn conversion and New Building with two storey high and 2 metre wide windows affording breathtaking, far reaching views across to the Yorkshire Dales.
A light and airy conservatory projects out into private woodland and also has wonderful rural views. Further highlights include two private terraces both with fabulous views. The gardens are a wildlife rich sanctuary featuring a nature garden with pond on which you’ll often spot Mallard ducks. A small field and woodland are to the rear, and a protected hillside wild garden is to the front.
Accommodation together comprises 6 charming country cottage style bedrooms, 6 reception rooms, a large kitchen with integrated dining area seating 12 and cosy log fire. Space easily accommodates groups of 10 to 12+ people.
Facilities and Amenities:-
- Utilities including dishwasher, cooker, washing machine, clothes dryer, a fridge and a freezer. Iron, kettle, utensils and crockery
- Sitting rooms / reception rooms, TV, video, CD player, telephone and WiFi internet access inclusive.
- "Retreat Suite" - a large ground floor room suitable for family gatherings, celebrations or alternatively - holistic therapies such as yoga.
- All bed linen, towels and a high chair supplied
- Central heating throughout
- Bedrooms/Bathrooms:- 6 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms including 1 large family bathroom, 1 en-suite and 2 modern shower rooms. Additional sofa beds in lounge.
- The cottage has a small field and woodland behind with a protected hillside wild garden at the front.
- The garden has been organically cultivated for over forty-five years and we have spotted over 30 species of bird life including lapwings, barn owls, sparrow hawks and wrens.
- Parking is available for up to 6 cars.
With its tranquil location, Skipton Cottage is becoming a very popular venue for yoga retreats. We would invite practitioners to contact us.
- The Pennine Way National Trail is only a quarter of a mile from Skipton Cottage. Many footpaths surround the properties
- Bolton Abbey and the little steam railway are mere minutes away
- Skipton attractions (4km) including the Castle, canal boat trips, fabulous independent shops and regular markets. Numerous year round festivals and events
- The Yorkshire Dales and top spots like beautiful Grassington are right on our doorstep – you’re perfectly placed for walking, cycling, horse riding, fishing and local golf
Check-in is from 3 pm (may be flexible) and check-out is by 11am on the day of your departure.
Discount Rates for Midweek Under Occupancy (4-6 guests)
Rent part of the property for 4-6 guests for midweek breaks of 2 nights or more for discount rates. Under occupancy groups of 4 to 6 guests have use of the 2 cottage bedrooms and 2 cottage bath/ shower rooms, the kitchen, dining room, utility room, library, the Barn Lounge and the largest double Barn bedroom (but not the other 2 bedrooms in that same area).
Under occupancy groups will have full access to all outside areas.
Note - the new building with panroamic lounge, bedroom, 2 bath/shower rooms, the Big Room and conservatory will not be accessible to under occupancy groups of 6 or less
- We do recommend a car for exploring the nearby Yorkshire Dales and Skipton just 4km away. A map is provided for guests making it easy to find our hilltop location.
- Skipton station is well connected to the mainline rail network (Leeds), and there are car hire outlets in the market town should you wish to hire a car once you arrive.
- The nearest train station is Cononley, eight minutes away by car.
- Leeds Bradford Airport is around a 45 minute drive away, Harrogate around a 35 minute drive and Manchester around an hour’s drive.