At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Underfloor heating
- Private foot bridge
- Bedale 2 miles
- 5 Star accommodation
- Historic cornmill adjacent
About this Luxury Cottage
A spacious 5 Star luxury cottage, Miller's Retreat with river views sleeps 6 with ease, and sits in a stunning country setting only 2 miles from the market town of Bedale. Easily accessed off the A1, this unique property is adjacent to a historic cornmill on a site formerly occupied by a mill kiln. Spectacular country views from a selection of outdoor seating areas look across to the mill race, Crakehall Beck and the heritage mill.
Luxurious features are throughout including three en-suite bedrooms, a cosy log burner and underfloor heating, complimentary WiFi and a fully fitted contemporary kitchen. Take a stroll across the private bridge along the scenic banks of the Beck leading to open fields and more footpaths. Pretty Crakehall village with a green, regular cricket matches, events and the Bay Horse inn serving food is within easy walking distance.
- Miller's Retreat is our newest luxury cottage graded 5 Stars with complimentary WiFi.
- Sunny and south facing, with bright and stylish living and dining room areas on the lower ground floor.
- Facilities in the living area include large comfortable sofa seating, a log burning stove, underfloor heating, an ash table which extends and stunning oak flooring.
- Double patio doors lead out from living space to the terrace.
- A modern fully fitted kitchen contains an oven and grill, a microwave, fridge freezer, coffee machine, washing machine and a dishwasher. All essential kitchen accessories - crockery, glasses, pans and dishes are provided.
- The kitchen also has a charming view of a flower bed with culinary herbs and a stream in the distance.
- Three uniquely styled en-suite bedrooms are on the upper ground floor, making the property ideal for families or a group of friends sharing.
- Bedrooms are stylish king-size double or super king-size bedrooms, configured as twins with single beds if preferred.
- Each bedroom has its own en-suite bathroom. Two en-suites are shower rooms, and one has a bath with a shower over.
- The cottage has several outdoor seating areas including the terrace adjacent to the living room, a patio with outdoor table, chairs and a BBQ, and a further cosy patio outside a bedroom.
- Free parking is adjacent.
- Luxury bed linen and towels are inclusive.
- Full central heating is throughout.
- A travel cot and highchair are available on request.
- Sorry no dogs please in this cottage.
- Complimentary Wi-Fi internet access.
Special to Miller's Retreat Cottage
- Historic location with a restored watermill alongside, featured on BBC Countryfile.
- If the owner of the mill is milling wheat you are welcome to watch and learn about the craft of milling to produce stoneground wholemeal flour for baking bread and cakes.
Weekly lets are usually Friday to Friday, however sometimes Saturday. Short breaks are also available at designated times of the year - please do contact us direct for more information.
Miller's Retreat sleeping 6 is one of three cottages here at Crakehall. Our other two luxury cottages include Watermill Croft sleeping 2 and Watermill Cottage sleeping 4 guests.
Around and About
The village pub is a mere 5 minutes' walk away and serves lunch and evening meals (except Mondays). A variety of award winning country pubs and restaurants are close by. The market towns of Bedale, Leyburn, Richmond and Masham are all within easy reach and Crakehall is the perfect gateway into the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
Keen walkers and cyclists are exceptionally well served in the local area. Visitors can take their bikes on the Wensleydale Railway and cycle on into the heart of the Dales. A choice of first class Yorkshire horse racing venues, golf courses, castles and stately home estates surround us.