At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms
- York city centre 8 miles
- Onsite grocery/off licence shop
- Fishing holidays/ lakeside location
- Indoor heated swimming pool
- Toddler pool
- Free WiFi, iPod dock, LCD TV
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Adventure playground
About this Holiday Lodge
Modern and spacious, Fountain Lake Lodge sits in a stunning rural lakeside location just 8 miles north of York city centre, within easy reach of Castle Howard, the Howardian Hills and the North York Moors. Accommodation is luxurious throughout, featuring all modern facilities including free WiFi, LCD TV with Freeview channels and an iPod dock. The park's onsite fishing pond will please keen anglers, and a wealth of activities and attractions surround us from golf and cycling to family fun farm parks and some of Yorkshire's most famous stately home estates.
Fountain Lake Lodge sleeps four adults and two children, and is situated within Goosewood Holiday Park at Sutton-on-the-Forest. Families and couples are welcome, and short breaks are available.
Goosewood Holiday Park and the Lodge are a top Yorkshire spot for fishing holidays. The park features an excellent coarse fishing lake - one of the best in the region. The lake is very well stocked with Rudd, Roach, Tench and Carp so be assured of a successful catch during your stay! A fishing licence is required, and the park charges a small daily fee for use.
- Stylish modern open plan living space featuring a kitchen, living room and dining area.
- The kitchen is well equipped with a gas cooker and hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge freezer, dishwasher and all necessary cutlery, crockery and accessories. An iron and board plus washing facilities are also available.
- The living room has an LCD HDTV with Freeview channels, a DVD player, CD player and iPod dock.
3 Bedrooms / 2 Bathrooms
- Master bedroom - King size bed, LCD Freeview TV and an en-suite bathroom.
- Twin room - Twin single beds and a fitted wardrobes.
- Bunk bedroom - Children's bunk beds and fitted wardrobes.
- The main family bathroom has a shower cubicle with power shower, wc and a wash basin, while the master en-suite features a full size bath.
- South-facing balcony terrace with garden furniture and outside lighting.
- Parking for two cars available.
Leisure Facilities/ Further Information
- Free Wi-Fi.
- Communal onsite heated indoor swimming pool and toddler pool.
- Grocery/ off licence shop.
- Outdoor adventure playground.
- Onsite bar and bistro
- Bed linen is provided.
- Travel cot available - please bring your cot linen.
- Strictly no pets, smoking or stag and hen parties.
Short breaks - midweek and weekend- available.
Around and About
- Creepy Crawlies Adventure Play Park
- Clifton Moor Centre
- Forest of Galtres Golf Club
- National Railway Museum
- Castle Howard
- Flying Legends pub/restaurant
- Many local villages feature character inns serving fine food and ales.