At a Glance
- 33 en-suite bedrooms
- Walking & leisure activity holidays
- Breakfast included
- Full board includes lunch
- Optional evening meals
- Free WiFi
About this Bed and Breakfast
Monk Coniston Country House has been welcoming visitors to the heart of the Lake District for nearly 70 years. Situated in a spectacular Coniston location with stunning views of the Central Fells, this country house sits close to top Lakeland walking territory around Tarn Hows, Coniston Old Man, Langdale and Wetherlam.
The Gothic house is brimming with period charm featuring a minstrel's gallery, a ground floor guest lounge, bar and dining room. Guest rooms are spacious and all en-suite, and extensive grounds surround the property and contain an attractive walled garden.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- 33 bedrooms all uniquely furnished, some with fabulous lake views.
- Rooms are located in the main house, an adjoining cottage and in the country house.
- Choose from Standard or Premium Rooms.
- All rooms have en-suite facilities featuring a bath with shower over or a bath and separate shower.
- Facilities in each room include free WiFi, a hairdryer, a TV, tea and coffee making facilities.
- Premium Rooms offer that bit of extra space plus fabulous views, an alarm clock with iPod player, robe and slippers.
- Breakfast included - self-service, buffet style.
- Half or Full Board option.
- Full board includes a picnic lunch.
- Optional three-course evening meal - locally sourced cuisine and vegetarian options.
- Free WiFi.
- Extensive grounds.
- Conference and meeting space.
- Walking and leisure activity holidays - guided walks, garden tours, discovery tours and more.
Monk Coniston is great for group holidays, especially corporate/ team building groups, walking clubs, activity groups, families and more.