At a Glance
- 3 stunning barn conversions
- Sleep 4 & 5
- Saturday changeover
- Set within 25 acres
- Very close to Hawes
- Short breaks off peak
- Spectacular Dales setting
- Perfect walking base
- Pennine Way adjacent
About Gaudy House Farm
Welcoming guests all year round, Gaudy House Farm sits in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales, set within 25 acres of long established upland farmland looking down on Hawes and Gayle. Accommodation is a stunning old farm barn and byre conversion consisting of three self-contained separate units sleeping 4 and 5 guests. Properties are available to book individually or together to accommodate larger groups.
Lower and Upper Duerley Barn - Sleep 4
- Duerley Barn has an upper and lower section, both self-contained and sleeping 4 in 2 bedrooms.
- Brimming with character, these two properties are original farm building conversions modernised to a high standard.
- The Upper Barn is accessed via external stone steps leading up the outside of the barn.
- Both feature cosy open fires in comfortable lounges, well equipped modern kitchens and bathrooms.
Widdale - Sleeps 5
- Spacious Widdale sleeps 5 guests in 3 bedrooms.
- The bathroom contains a bath and shower mixer tap.
- Living space includes a homely lounge with open fire and a well equipped modern kitchen.
Facilities and Features
- Kitchens in all properties contain a microwave, fridge, electric oven and gas hob.
- Bathrooms come with baths and shower mixer taps.
- WiFi is available in the farmhouse utility area only.
- TVs, DVD players and radios are included.
- Each property is comfortably furnished throughout.
- Central heating and coal for open fires are provided.
- Bed linen is included.
- Laundry facilities are available to guests in a utility room in the farmhouse.
- Dogs are welcome in all cottages - the upland Dales around Hawes is perfect for walking holidays with dogs.
- Guests have access lots of outdoor space in surrounding farmland which is mostly stocked with sheep and is rich in wildlife.
Prices do vary dependant on the level of occupancy, and if more than one cottage is booked. Properties are available all year round, with weekly changeover usually Saturday to Saturday (except over the Christmas and New Year season).
Please note a heating supplement of £10 is charged from the end of September to the end of April. At other times booking price is fully inclusive of central heating.
Short breaks and longer weekend stays may also be available dependant on the season and availability. Please call us direct to discuss your needs and to check availability.
Around and About
- England's highest market town Hawes is very nearby and contains a variety of independent shops, fine inns, restaurants, cafes and outdoor shops. Popular attractions in the town include the Wensleydale Creamery Visitor Centre, Hawes Ropemakers and the award-winning Dales Countryside Museum.
- Gaudy House Farm couldn't be better placed for walking and touring the Yorkshire Dales. We're directly adjacent to the Pennine Way National Trail!
- Take a tour of nearby Gayle Mill and village or Bolton Castle.
- Famous scenic beauty spots in the Dales situated nearby include Aysgarth Falls and Buttertubs Pass. Many great walks are direct from your door and the farm sits close to the Tour De France cycling route through the Yorkshire Dales.
We are located just over 1 mile from Hawes. Find us via the road to Gayle, passing the Wensleydale Creamery, then take a right turn into Gayle.
Just before the hump back bridge at the red post box on the wall go past the chapel, then up the hill until you begin to pick up signs for Gaudy House.
Please note - we recommend once reaching Hawes guests do not rely on satellite navigation directions as this will lead you to Bands Farm (the first location listed on our postcode).