At a Glance
- 124 en-suite rooms
- Morecambe Bay views
- Set in 20 acres
- Civil ceremony licence
- Tennis & play area
- Themed breaks & offers
About the Cumbria Grand Hotel
A charming Victorian hotel, the Cumbria Grand in Grange over Sands is brimming with character and set within 20 acres of private gardens. The hotel has impressive views across Morecambe Bay and is an easy drive from Lake Windermere. Onsite facilities include a tennis court, a children's play area and a woodland fitness walk within the grounds. A games room with a full size snooker table, darts and a table tennis table is also available and ample free parking is onsite.
- 124 en-suite rooms all with tea/ coffee making faciltiies, TVs, hairdryers and direct dial telephones.
- Choose from Sea and Bay view rooms, Classic twin/ double/ triple/ family and single rooms, Mini Suites or romantic Four Poster Suites with views of Morecambe Bay.
- Upgrades available for a small supplement.
- Bed and Breakfast room rates include Full English Breakfast.
Extras/ Special Occasions
We're perfect for that special break in the Lakes, with a choice of pamper treats and extras available for an additional fee including:
- A bottle of champagne, or red/ white wine.
- Fresh flower bouquets.
- Luxury chocolates.
- Fruit baskets
- Late check-out.
- Club Package - our ultimate treat inclusive of wine, fudge, crisps, mineral water, luxury toiletries, soft towel robes and slippers.
Food & Drink
Enjoy stunning views of the Bay from our Hazelwood restaurant. Our talented chefs source ingredients locally and have created a mouthwatering menu of world cuisine meals plus carvery table, all accompanied by a selection from our extensive fine wine list.
Table D'hote menu is served and special diets can be catered for on request. Further menus include our 2 and 3 course Group Lunch Menus and Group High Tea menus.
Alternatively relax in front of an open fire on super comfy sofas in the Jacobean Lounge with bar menu including children's options.
- Spacious bar lounge.
- WiFi internet access.
- Conference, banqueting, events and wedding facilities.
- Licensed for Civil Wedding Ceremonies.
- Large Victoria Suite and Ballroom offering 3000 square foot. The refurbished ballroom has beautiful Victorian original features, perfect for wedding receptions, private lunches and large conference events.
- Smaller meeting room available with a full range of equipment - audio visual aids, ideal for private interviews, training events and seminars.
- Private lounge areas - perfect for private dining and informal meetings.
- Extensive grounds perfect for a wide range of outdoor events and team-building activities.
Around and About
- Grange over Sands Promenade and Gardens.
- Cartmel Racecourse.
- The Lakeland Steam Railway.
- Holker Hall.
- Muncaster Castle & Gardens.
- Boat trips on Lake Windermere.
- Grange over Sands golf course.
- The hotel is just 15 minutes' drive off the M6 motorway.