At a Glance
- Four luxury Rooms & Suites
- Lake & Fell views
- Direct access to Grasmere Lake
- Silver & Breakfast Award
- Romantic retreat
- Ample private parking
About this Bed and Breakfast
Silver Award-winning Lake View Country House Bed & Breakfast in Grasmere sits in the heart of the Lake District National Park. A real retreat, built from Lakeland stone and with direct access to the shores of Grasmere Lake, the B&B is only a short walk from village centre restaurants, riverside cafes, inns and quirky shops. Wordsworth's historic home, Dove Cottage, is also nearby and scenic walks are direct from our door. Ample parking is onsite, free WiFi is available and your stay includes an Enjoy England award-winning breakfast.
Choose from four stunning rooms and suites, all with their own individual style and with en-suite bathrooms, tea and coffee making facilities, footspas and mini fridges, flat-screen TVs, hairdryers and a range of special touches.
- The Lake Room - a spacious double with fabulous views towards Grasmere Lake and the fells. This room has comfortable sofa seating and a fully tiled en-suite with a whirlpool bath and shower over.
- The Fellside Suite - a spacious mini suite on the first floor with views towards Grasmere. This room has a king-size double wrought iron bed and a luxury bathroom with a whirlpool bath and power shower over. A sofa bed offers further sleeping space for 2 children.
- The Garden Suite - a twin bedroom on the ground floor with a fully tiled en-suite bathroom and a great picture window with views of the garden and surrounding fells. This suite is ideal for couples, 3 adults sharing or a family with 2 children.
- The Ivory Room - a charming double bedroom with en-suite power shower featuring body jets.
Breakfast is a real treat - we're proud recipients of an Enjoy England Breakfast Award. Breakfast selection includes to start - cereals, fruits and home-made fruit compote, and to follow full cooked English breakfast with locally sourced Cumberland sausage and English bacon. A vegetarian cooked alternative is also available - see a complete menu example on our website.
We use the finest local ingredients, from sources close to the B&B, and also offer a range of hot drinks including herbal teas and fruit teas as well as Fairtrade coffees. Alternatively, why not try a continental breakfast with warm breads and croissants, preserves and cheese.
- Free WiFi internet access.
- Dog friendly accommodation.
- Direct access to Grasmere lakeshore.
- Beautiful gardens and a wonderful peaceful location.
- Ample onsite private parking.
Special rates are offered for 3 and 4 night midweek B&B breaks.
Around and About
Whether you're looking for a romantic honeymoon setting, a wide choice of local activities or a relaxing retreat, Grasmere in the heart of the Lake District is the perfect choice. Gentle and challenging walks branch out from our door, either around local Grasmere Lake and Rydal Water or into the fells and higher level walking around Helm Crag, Alcock Tarn and Silver Howe.
Wordsworth's Dove Cottage and Grasmere village's superb choice of restaurants, inns, art galleries and quirky gift shops are a short stroll away. Windermere is 8 miles to the south whilst Keswick is only 12 miles to the north.
- From the M6 travelling north, exit at Junction 36 sign-posted Kendal and South Lakes.
- Follow the A591 to Windermere, Ambleside and on to Grasmere.
- Approaching the mini-roundabout, turn left into the village on Stock Lane.
- Go past a car park on your right and soon you will see the first shop of the village on your left.
- Slow right down and turn sharp left at the corner of the shop.
- You are now in Lake View Drive and you will find us at the end.
- From the M6 travelling south, exit at Junction 40, sign-posted Penrith and Keswick.
- Follow signs to Keswick.
- After 14 miles, take the turning on the left sign-posted Windermere, which takes you through St. John's in the Vale and joins the A591.
- Turn left and continue until you reach Grasmere. On approaching Grasmere you will pass The Travellers Rest, public house and The Swan Hotel, carry on until you come to a mini-roundabout and turn right on to Stock Lane.
- Go along this road, passing a car park on your right, you will then approach the first shop of the village.
- Slow right down and turn sharp left. Go along this private lane and we are at the end.