At a Glance
- 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom
- Private parking for 2 cars
- Accessible to the less mobile
- Garden and ramp access
- Multi fuel stove
- Faciltities for horses onsite
About Curlew Cottage
Curlew Cottage at family run Glovershaw Farm in the Bingley area is a perfect base for exploring Bronte Country, Herriot Country, the Yorkshire Dales and Nidderdale. The property is only 5 miles from the start of the Tour de France route in Yorkshire and offers self catering accommodation for up to 4 guests. Character features include original beams throughout, leather sofas and tasteful decor.
An ideal retreat, Curlew is set on a working beef and sheep farm and horse livery yard with facilities for horses available onsite should you wish to bring your own horse! Enjoy a cruise on the nearby canal or play a round of golf at nearby Baildon Golf Course. Horse riding is available for those with experience or you can even take a lesson in sheep dog training if booked in advance! In Spring lambs and calves are born on the farm and guests are welcome to visit them.
- Curlew Cottage offers self catering for four people in a two bedroomed character property.
- Large open plan lounge and separate dining room with seating for six, open beam work, multi fuel stove and comfortable leather sofas.
- Fully fitted open plan kitchen with all modern appliances, washing machine, microwave, an electric oven and hob, dishwasher, a washer/ dryer and breakfast bar.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Twin bedroom and a double bedroom.
- Bathroom with shower over bath.
Private parking, garden and wheelchair ramp for less able guests
Facilities/ Further Information
- A bath lift is available free of charge - just let us know in advance if required.
- All bed linen and fuel (except for logs and coal) are included in booking price.
- Oil fired central heating.
- Accessible to the less able and wheelchair users.
- Well behaved dogs are very welcome.
Special to Curlew Cottage
We are a working farm with a herd of beef suckler cows and a flock of breeding sheep. The cows calve from March to May and the sheep lamb from mid April to mid May. We are happy to show our guests around the farm and we allow the children to help feed the pet lambs.
Short breaks available at any time of the year. Saturday to Saturday or Sunday to Sunday changeover available.
Around and About
- Sheep dog training or an accompanied hack/ guided rides are available onsite.
- Bronte Country, Haworth and Hebden Bridge are right on our doorstep.
- The Yorkshire Dales and Skipton are just to the North.
- We're only a short drive from Leeds Bradford Airport, and the cities of Leeds and Bradford.
- Explore nearby Ilkley Spa Town and Ilkley Moor.
- Hop aboard the Keighley and Worth Valley Railway from nearby Keighley Station to Bronte village Haworth.
- Take a canal boat ride and see the amazing Bingley Five-rise lock staircase on the nearby Leeds Liverpool Canal.
- World Heritage Saltaire and Salts Mill sit right on our doorstep.
We are situated at Eldwick, 2 miles from Bingley, West Yorkshire off the A650.