At a Glance
- 7 stunning double rooms
- TripAdvisor Excellence Award
- Luxury extras/ original features
- Unlimited FREE WiFi
- 10% discount on local spa treatments
About Easedale Lodge Guest House
Easedale Lodge in the heart of Ambleside is an award-winning Victorian Lakeland stone B&B with the added convenience of free private parking in one of our two car parks for even large vehicles. A corner space perfect for bike parking is also available. We’re situated in an attractive conservation area in Ambleside, just a short stroll from cafes, bars, fine inns, restaurants, local transport links and Ambleside’s outstanding choice of independent shops.
Brimming with Victorian charm, Easedale Lodge retains many of its original Victorian features from Victorian floor tiling to beautiful stained glass, solid oak doors and Lakeland slate tops. The lounge has a feature marble fireplace and our tasteful furnishings and decor sit perfectly within our central Lakes surroundings. Period character is combined with all modern comforts including FREE unlimited WiFi and our pressurised hot water system.
We have 7 double rooms from deluxe double to house doubles, all appointed to a very high standard with wonderful views of the village and surrounding fells.
Each room includes:-
- Sumptuous furnishings, Lakeland slate furniture and extra comfy beds.
- Stylish modern shower rooms with 100% cotton soft towels and complimentary ‘Ewe Love The Lakes’ toiletries.
- Free unlimited WiFi – we’re in a Free WiFi hotspot.
- Flat-screen digital TV.
- Hairdryers and radio alarm clocks.
- Refreshment trays well stocked with Fair Trade teas/ coffees.
Breakfast/ Packed Lunches
- Wake up to our extra special breakfasts including Full English or Vegetarian breakfasts, cooked fresh to order and served daily in our delightful conservatory dining room.
- Lighter breakfast options include toast, cereals, fruits, yoghurts, juices and seeds, accompanied by our collection of speciality hot drinks.
- We source our food locally where possible including fruit and vegetables from the local market, eggs and milk from Windermere farms, roasted coffee from Farrer’s of Kendal, bread from our bakers just next door and of course popular Cumberland sausages.
- Packed lunches are easily ordered from one of our excellent local bakeries featuring sandwiches, drinks and home-baked cakes. We’ll also happily fill flasks on request.
Additional Facilities/ Luxury Extras
- Relax in the guest lounge with lots of local guides and leaflets, walking and fiction books, and magazines.
- Please do bring along your own wine or tipple – you’ll find a range of glasses and a cork screw available in a cupboard in the lounge.
- All our guests receive a 10% discount on spa treatments at Oxley’s ‘Blue Fish Spa which is only a few minutes’ stroll from Easedale Lodge. Visit our website for more detail on spa treatments available.
- Want to treat someone special? We work some outstanding local cake makers and florists – we’ll happily organise special occasion cakes, foil balloons and banners, flowers and handmade chocolates/ wine and champagne on request.
A two night minimum stay applies during our busy season and during most weekends. During Bank Holidays a 3 night minimum stay applies.
One night bookings are accepted during low season or dependent on availability. Long-stays welcome – reduced rates are charged for 4 night stays or more. Call us direct for more information or book direct online.
Ambleside’s many attractions and activities are right on our doorstep including the celebrated Armitt Museum and the award-winning cinema/ restaurant venue Zeffirellis. A wide choice of scenic gentle and challenging walks are direct from our door – find out more on the ‘Get Active’ section of our website. Attractions within easy reach include:-
- Boat trips on Lake Windermere from Waterhead Pier.
- William Wordsworth and Beatrix Potter historic attractions.
- The Armitt Museum.
- Stagshaw Gardens.
- Wray Castle.
- Theatres in Bowness, Kendal and Keswick.