At a Glance
- 1 bedroom, 1 bathroom
- Stunning railway & country views
- Max 2 small dogs welcome
- Village centre 5 minute walk
- Short breaks (min 3 nights)
- Ample parking
About this Holiday Cottage
Situated in the heart of the North York Moors National Park and with a beautiful interior, Barnet Lodge is a charming one bedroom cottage in 'Heartbeat' village Goathland, just a 5 minute stroll from the village centre and directly opposite the station stop for the North Yorkshire Moors Steam Railway. The cottage is detached and in an elevated, secluded position within the grounds of the owner's larger cottage, surrounded by glorious views across to the heritage railway and open countryside. Barnet Lodge is the perfect choice for walking, cycling and activity holidays, with short breaks available by request and pets welcome.
Living Space (Ground Floor)
- Blending contemporary style with traditional features, our cosy cottage is non smoking throughout and accommodates two adults and one child.
- The entrance leads into an open plan kitchen and living area with character beamed ceilings, stylish wooden flooring and windows on all sides with fabulous views.
- The living area has two recliner chairs, a woodburner and a wall-mounted TV with Freeview channels.
- The kitchen is modern and fully fitted with appliances including a large fridge/ freezer, an electric oven, a dishwasher, microwave and a washing machine. A breakfast bar with stools is also available and we'll happily provide a highchair on request.
Bedroom/ Bathroom (First Floor)
- Open plan stairs with a sky light lead up to a spacious bedroom with a double and a single bed sleeping 2 adults and 1 small child.
- The bedroom includes a dressing table with a seating area and a window with views of the moorland and passing steam trains.
- A travel cot can be provided on request.
- All bedlinen, towels and bath mats are inclusive.
Relax in the enclosed garden with outdoor furniture and enjoy views across to NYMR Goathland Station - as featured in the first Harry Potter film as Hogsmeade station! Special steam rail events feature through the year.
Ample parking is on-site.
Special to Barnet Lodge
Elevated North York Moors holiday lodge in Goathland (alias 'Heartbeat village Aidensfield). The perfect cosy cottage retreat with enclosed garden and stunning views. Two minute walk from the North York Moors steam railway. Parking. Pets welcome and short breaks available. **"Service was perfect, I would definitely stay at Barnet Lodge again, it was a perfect getaway, and we did not want to leave" - Mr McCluskey **
Barnet Lodge is open all year round subject to availability. Sleeping 2 adults and 1 child under 10. Bookings are Saturday to Saturday.
- From the A169 main road north of Pickering carry on past RAF Flying Dales for approximately one mile and then turn left signposted Goathland.
- Continue until you come to a mini roundabout – turn right. A church will be on your right and Mallyan Spout will be on your left.
- Carry on passing shops and the village green. Continue along for ¼ mile then bare right - bend on the corner and Goathland Station will be on your left.
- Continue for 200 yards and a driveway is located on the right (a sign showing Barnet Cottage/Lodge is at entrance to the drive).
- If you have gone over the bridge and up the hill you have gone too far.
- The drive is elevated and you need to open/close one set of gates, continue and then open/close another set, continue into the driveway and Barnet Lodge is located to the right of the drive and right of the owners larger property (Barnet Cottage).