At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 2 toilets
- Fully enclosed garden
- Free WiFi
- Central heating throughout
- New Forest Centre 5 min walk
- Open forest 30 second walk
About Dog Friendly Rhubarb Cottage
A deceptively spacious cottage in the heart of the New Forest, Rhubarb Cottage in Lyndhurst is pet friendly with wonderful rural views and a fully enclosed courtyard garden. A purpose built parking area is directly adjacent, and the cottage sits on The Custards, a large and peaceful cul-de-sac with no through traffic located on the edge of Lyndhurst. The town centre and The New Forest Centre, one of the National Park's major information and museum centres, is only a 5 minute walk away. You're also mere seconds from open forest where the National Park's famous ponies, deer and donkeys wander free.
Overview:- Rhubarb is a large 4 Star self-catering cottage, semi-detached and offering ample space in 3 bedrooms for 6 guests.
- Hallway with parquet flooring into a downstairs wc and the dining room
- Dining room, traditionally furnished with extending table, writing desk, book cabinet, radio/ CD, sideboard and a selection of books, DVDs and puzzles. An archway leads into the living room. Patio doors open out into the sunny enclosed courtyard garden.
- Sitting room with 6 seater corner sofa, a flat-screen TV, DVD player and a cosy brick fireplace with classic brass ornaments.
- Well equipped fitted kitchen with cherry style cabinets, integrated hallogen hob and an eye-level oven, microwave, washing machine and a fridge with freezer compartment.
Bedrooms / Bathroom
- Bedrooms including a main bedroom with king-size iron framed bed. Light and airy with 1930s/40s bedroom furniture offering ample storage space and a double bedroom with views of the forest, touch lamps and a wardrobe.
- Bathroom, tiled throughout with a bath and power shower over, wc, heated towel rail and LED mirror. Downstairs wc.
- Fully enclosed courtyard garden with outdoor furniture - a table and chairs, and lots of space for bike or fishing/ outdoor gear storage. (Equipment hire outlets are nearby).
- Purpose built strip adjacent for parking.
Other Things to Note
- Free WiFi internet access
- Extra wide, shallow staircase - ideal for our more mature visitors
- The cottage owners still have 'Commoner's Rights' to graze ponies, donkeys and cattle in the open forest!
- Strictly non-smoking please
- Peaceful location in the heart of the New Forest
- Just minutes from The New Forest Centre
- Walkers and Cyclists Welcome
- Bed linen and towels included
- Changeover for weekly bookings is from 2pm on Saturday to 10am the following Saturday.
- The cottage is also available for long weekends and mid-week short breaks when booked up to 4 weeks prior to the date of you stay - please contact us direct for short break bookings.
- We request a £75 damage deposit, fully refundable unless damage occurs.
- We give a 5% discount off our standard rates for guests who use public transport and arrive without their car!
- Easter and Christmas breaks of various duration can be arranged - call us direct to discuss.
- Reduced rates available for 4 guests.
- Well trained dogs charged at £25 per dog per week or weekend booking.
- The New Forest Centre
- The New Forest Reptile Centre (2 miles west of Lyndhurst)
- Bolderwood Deer Sanctuary just north west of Lyndhurst.
Rhubard Cottage is easily reached. You'll find us on the first left turn as your approach Lyndhurst off the M27.