At a Glance
- 5 Star Gold Accommodation
- Patio with BBQ & chiminea
About this Holiday Cottage
The accommodation and facilities offered at Rose Cottage in Hesket Newmarket are exceptional. The property is a 'Visit Britain' 5 Star Gold Award-winner situated on the edge of the Northern Fells in the Lake District. This fantastic cottage overlooks the village green and pond, and sits in its own grounds with stunning views across to High Pike and Carrock Fell. Dating back to circa 1770 this luxury cottage has been restored to its former glory whilst retaining many original features. If you're looking for a break away from it all then this is an ideal place to be. Well behaved pets are also very welcome - enquire for more details about our pet policy.
Living Space (Ground Floor)
- Front entrance into a small hallway.
- Living room with oak beams, a local stone fireplace with a cosy woodburning stove , comfortable leather reclining sofas, a Sony TV with Freeview channels, a DVD and CD player/radio.
- Custom built fully fitted kitchen, tiled with underfloor heating and Siemens appliances throughout. The kitchen includes a Pyrolytic oven/cooker and hob, extractor fan, an in-built dishwasher, a combination microwave, a large fridge/freezer with an ice maker, a cafetiere and an iron.
- Dining room with a large table and seating for six plus a fireplace with an electric fire and views of the garden from windows.
- Conservatory to the rear of the property with comfy chairs and a coffee table.
- Separate utility room containing a washing machine, secure equipment/bike storage space and a drying rack.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms (Ground Floor & First Floor)
- Luxury bathroom with a large whirlpool LED illuminated bath, a separate large shower cubicle with power shower, underfloor heating, a wash basin and spotlights.
- Separate wc.
- Stairs lead up from the kitchen to two bedrooms.
- Bedroom one - Master bedroom with a king-size bed, a large wardrobe, a flat-screen TV with Freeview, exposed beams, bedside tables and views of the village green.
- Bedroom Two - a spacious twin bedroom with exposed beams. This room has views towards Parkhead plus a wardrobe, a tall chest of drawers, a flat-screen TV with Freeview, an HD recorder, and zip and link beds which can be configured as a king-size if preferred.
A small enclosed flower garden is to the front and a large paved area with furniture, BBQ and a chiminea is also available. Parking for two cars is onsite and the property has stunning panoramic views on all sides.
Other Things to Note
- All linen and towels, lighting and central heating (oil fired) is included in the price.
- All logs, kindling and firelighters for the Wood-Burner are provided.
- Starter essentials such as washing up liquid, dishwasher tablets, toilet roll, washing machine powder and conditioner are supplied.
- Welcome bag (bottle of wine, biscuits plus tea and coffee) on arrival.
- Hand soap is provided in all toilets.
Please contact us to discuss any early booking offers or last minute discounts.
Around and About
The village of Hesket Newmarket is timeless in its character with its village green, and quaint cottages. Tearooms, a shop and post office can be found here along with the excellent Old Crown pub with its own micro brewery producing CAMRA award winning ales and serving delicious home cooked meals.
Leave the car at the cottage and enjoy fell walking, mountain biking and cycling in spectacular scenery and hidden Lakeland villages such as Caldbeck just a mile away.
Slightly further out is the bustling market town of Keswick between Derwentwater and Bassenthwaite Lake, overlooked by 3053ft Skiddaw. Keswick on Derwentwater offers spectacular walking, boat trips, restaurants and cafes, and is only a 20 minute drive away. The historic border city of Carlisle with its medieval castle, cathedral and Tullie House Museum is also approximately 15 miles away.
Rose Cottage is located in Hesket Newmarket, just a mile south of Caldbeck in the Northern Fells of the English Lake District National Park.