At a Glance
- Luxury double/twin ensuite rooms
- Tripadvisor Excellence Award
- Stunning quayside location
- Best harbour viewing platform
- Free WiFi & parking
- Romantic extras on request
About Fortitude Cottage Bed and Breakfast
Spectacularly situated on the Old Portsmouth quayside, cosy family run Fortitude Cottage B&B has one of the best viewing platforms in the city looking across to the harbour - perfect for watching Ben Ainslie Racing. Famous heritage ships and maritime museums including HMS Mary Rose, HMS Victory, Royal Naval Museums and the Royal Marines Museum are within walking distance. The Spinnaker Tower, Gunwharf Quays and some of Portsmouth's best bars and restaurants are also just a short stroll from the B&B.
Fortitude Cottage sits on the site of a former 16th century cottage and takes its name from an 18th century warship. Beautifully presented throughout, the property has won a 'Britain in Bloom' award for its exterior hanging baskets and window boxes. Free WiFi is included and free parking is located only 20 steps away.
- A selection of six stunning twin and double en-suite rooms.
- All rooms include en-suite showers, free WiFi, air conditioning and blackout drapes/ curtains, climate controllable central heating, refreshment trays with tea/ coffee making facilities, in room safes, hairdryers, TVs, quality bed linen and complimentary toiletries.
- For that extra special city break choose our Super Deluxe Harbour View Rooms with magnificent views across the water and harbour beyond. These rooms include all modern comforts, a large wardrobe, a king-size double bed and a designated seating area.
- The Penthouse Room with private balcony and roof terrace is our ultimate luxury accommodation featuring a spacious wardrobe, a super king-size double bed and seating area. The en-suite bathroom is exceptional, inclusive of fine toiletries and super soft towelling. Outside space includes a 'sun trap' balcony and a fabulous roof terrace accessible only from your room.
- Ground floor twin and double rooms available.
A delicious and varied breakfast menu is included in your stay, served in the beamed dining area with views of the water. Menu choice includes:-
- Traditional English Breakfast with eggs just as you like them, Cumberland sausage, English bacon, tomatoes, hash browns, beans and mushrooms.
- Vegetarian cooked breakfast.
- Smoked salmon with scrambled egg or Omelette (cheddar cheese, mushroom or ham).
- Toast and preserves.
- Chilled fruit juices - orange, cranberry and apple.
- Yoghurts, fruit compote, cereals or porridge.
- A variety of teas - Yorkshire, Earl Grey, Green Tea and fruit/ herbal teas.
- Coffee - cafetiere (including decaffeinated).
Other Facilities/ Information
- Free high speed WiFi available.
- Free off road parking located only 20 steps away from Fortitude Cottage.
- Children over 12 years are welcome. (no additional space for cots/ extra beds in rooms).
- Parking is in our car park just opposite and on the road outside. Parking permits are available.
Check-in is from 10.30am to 9pm, and check-out by 10am.
Around and About
Fortitude Cottage Bed & Breakfast sits in the heart of the Old Portsmouth area, just a few steps from the waterfront. We're perfectly placed for exploring the historic quayside and top attractions in Portsmouth and Southsea.
The Spinnaker Tower, Maritime Museums, iconic ships, famous castles and forts, spectacular quays such as Gunwharf and the birthplace home of author Charles Dickens are all within walking distance.
Our closest train station is Portsmouth Harbour about 1 mile away with a taxi rank adjacent. A regular bus service running from Portsmouth main bus terminal to Broad Street and Spice Island is only a 5 minute walk away.