At a Glance
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Unlimited WiFi
- Free canoe/ boat use
- Sauna and spa bath
- Loch & river fishing
- Free Weber gas BBQ
- Free use of gym & games room
- Short breaks all year round
- Bike hire
About The Ghillies
The Ghillies luxury chalet sleeping 8 has spectacular loch and mountain views and stunning features throughout. Located near Crianlarich village, this luxury holiday property is perfect for large family groups, friends sharing, activity groups and special occasions. The Ghillies sits within the award-winning Portnellan Highland Estate, elevated with a secluded forest backdrop and views of the glen, Ben More and Loch Dochart. Portnellan is perfect as a relaxing retreat or a high octane adventure getaway. Free use of Canadian canoes and boats, five miles of loch and river fishing and bicycle hire are all available within the Estate and we offer short breaks all year round! Book online now, or call for further details.
- Open plan living space features a modern kitchen with handmade Bavarian breakfast area, a washer/dryer, fan oven with ceramic hob, microwave, full size fridge freezer, dishwasher, fine Royal Doulton crockery, Senseo coffee machine and all accessories and utensils.
- The lounge has a luxurious leather suite, hi-fi/ stereo CD with iPod docking station, large 37" LCD TV with full Sky package, Blu Ray DVD and Nintendo Wii and a dining table and chairs.
Bedrooms / Bathrooms
- Master king-size double with private balcony and en-suite bathroom with power shower.
- King-size double with en-suite containing a separate shower unit.
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom including a bath and power shower over.
- Bathmats, bathrobes, slippers and deluxe Arran Aromatic toiletries are inclusive.
- Bed linen, towels and TVs with Freeview/ Sky are also in all bedrooms.
- Additional sleeping space is on a full size drop down double bed in the lounge.
- A large private verandah with BBQ and furniture.
- Parking available.
Other Things to Note
- Programmable electric heating, ironing facilities, a vacuum and hair dryer are all inclusive.
- Private sauna and spa bath.
- Free use of onsite boats and canoes.
- Bike hire including a helmet and emergency tool kit (additional fee).
- Five miles of loch and river fishing onsite.
- Free DVDs, board games, local tourist information and maps all in the onsite visitor centre.
- We also sell delicious fresh organic meat produce sourced from a local farm in the visitor centre - perfect for BBQs.
- Target and clay pigeon shooting can be organised for an extra charge.
- Optional Tempur comfort topper mattresses can be hired if a softer bed is preferred.
- Pre-order grocery delivery service.
- Ever dreamed of owning your own Highlands luxury property? Here at Portnellan we have a variety of stunning properties sleeping 1 to 8 available for sale or to rent.
Short breaks, weekly bookings and long-stays are welcome all year round. Senior citizens and children under 12 receive a 10% discount off their proportion.
Around and About
Offering total relaxation or an adrenalin pumped outdoor activity experience. Portnellan has something for all tastes. The wealth of local outdoor activities includes excellent walking, hiking and cycling. Over 40 munros are within a 10 mile radius, and on the Estate sits our own castle ruin on the island on the loch. The area is rich in nature and wildlife, flora and fauna, perfect for birdwatching escapes.
Crianlarich railway station offers a regular direct service to Oban, Fort William and Glasgow including the famous Caledonian overnight sleeper that runs from London Euston direct to Crianlarich nightly.
Ferry travel from Ijmuiden in Holland direct to Newcastle with a drive of approximately 3 hours will bring you to the doorstop of Portnellan, and with direct flights in abundance from most European airports to either Edinburgh or Glasgow there is an easy way to reach your Highland hideaway.
- From the South follow the M74 to Glasgow, then the M9. Follow signs for Stirling. Stay on the M9 until you see signs for A84, Crianlarich. Junction 10. Continue on the A84 until it joins the A85 at Lochearnhead, and stay on the A85, following signs for Crianlarich. The A85 takes you to Portnellan about two miles before Crianlarich. The estate will be on your left, and is signposted.
- From Edinburgh leave the city by the M9 and follow signs for Stirling. Stay on the M9 until you see signs for the A84, Crianlarich. Junction 10. Continue on the A84 until it joins the A85 at Lochearnhead, and stay on the A85, following signs for Crianlarich. The A85 takes you to Portnellan about two miles before Crianlarich. The estate will be on your left, and is signposted. (Journey time:- 120 minutes).
- From Glasgow leave the city westbound on the M8, following signs for Glasgow Airport and after that the Erskine Bridge. Follow signs for Dumbarton and then stay on the A82 tourist route as it meanders up Loch Lomondside. At Tarbet, turn right towards Crianlarich, and continue following the loch. Stay on this road through Ardlui until you enter Crianlarich village. At the T-junction turn right towards the village centre and Stirling, and follow this road (A85) about two miles out of the village. Portnellan is on the right and is signposted. (Journey time: 90 minutes).