At a Glance
- Two ground floor apartments
- Sleep 2
- Onsite working water mill
- Summer cream teas
- Riverside BBQ area
About these Cottage Apartments
Alderholt Mill Self-catering accommodation is located on the edge of the New Forest and includes two charming ground floor cottage apartments both sleeping two. Ideally situated for exploring Dorset, West Hampshire, the Wiltshire Downs, Salisbury and the New Forest, these two cottage apartments are pet friendly and perfect for couples or two friends sharing. Facilities include a riverside BBQ area and we'll happily recommend excellent local restaurants and inns.
The ground floor apartments are adjacent to our unique 14th Century working water mill. Private fishing is available to guests onsite and during the summer season we open our tea room for cream teas every weekend. Mill demonstrations are also available on Sundays at 3pm from Easter to the 1st September.
Mid-Mill Ground Floor Apartment
- Mid-Mill is the link building between the main house and the old Mill.
- Ground floor accommodation sleeps 2.
- Double bedroom (which can be configured as a double or a twin) with a large picture window looking towards the rear garden, pond and water meadow in the distance.
- Bathroom with a bath and shower over.
- Galley style kitchen with an electric cooker, a fridge with an ice box, a microwave and all essential cutlery and crockery. There is direct access from the kitchen out to the rear garden via a small bridge over the Mill tailrace with the 12ft waterwheel just on the left.
- Sitting room with fireplace containing an electric log buring stove, comfortable chairs and a dining area.
- Electric storage heating is inclusive in the booking price.
- Facilities include a colour TV, radio, a DVD and CD player.
Miller's End Ground Floor Apartment
- Ground floor cottage apartment with original oak beams and a cosy traditional feel - sleeps 2.
- Double bedroom with an en-suite bathroom containing a bath with a shower over.
- Attractive sitting room comfortably furnished to a high standard with a large fireplace and cosy electric log burning stove.
- Beautifully fitted modern kitchen/ breakfast room with a microwave, a fridge/ freezer, an electric cooker and all essential kitchen accessories.
- The double bed is fully made up ready for your arrival.
- Facilities include a colour TV, a radio, a DVD and CD player.
- Storage heaters and all hot water are included in the booking price.
Other Things to Note
- A washing machine is available onsite for guests to use.
- Well trained dogs are welcome by prior request - please contact us direct to arrange.
- Sorry no children under 8 years please - the cottage apartments are in a riverside location.
- A large garden and riverside barbecue area with ample seating are available for guests to use.
- Private parking is onsite.
- Bed linen is included.
Travelling from London and the South East, exit the M27 at junction 1, and take the B3078 heading towards Fordingbridge. Please take due care when passing through the New Forest with ponies and other animals roaming free.
On arrival at Fordingbridge continue over the bridge, and take a left turn at the mini roundabout. Carry on along the High Street, bear right at the end signed for Damerham and Sandleheath.
On entering Sandleheath, go past the Post Office and general stores on your left, and take a left turn at the crossroads signed for Alderholt Mill.
The Mill is located at the bottom of the hill, just across the bridge - our own private car park is just opposite.