| The ultimate cottage retreat for two on the Isle of Portland, perfect for romantic breaks with champagne and chocolates happily provided by request.|
At a Glance
About Portland Hideaway Cottage
One of two luxurious cottages just a stone’s throw (2km) from iconic Portland Bill lighthouse, luxury Portland Hideaway is the perfect cottage retreat for two, with all modern amenities and an enclosed private patio garden. The property is perfectly placed for walking and touring the Isle of Portland and Dorset’s Jurassic Coast.
- Stunning open plan spacious dining and sitting room area which can be closed off from the bedroom area with a portable screen for privacy.
- Contemporary stylish kitchen/diner fully equipped with a washer/dryer, fridge freezer, microwave, gas cooker with oven and grill, toaster, kettle and slow-cooker.
- The lounge has two leather settees, satellite TV with a selection of DVDs and a wide choice of books and games.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- The bedroom area is a generous size with a double bed, wardrobe and dressing unit.
- Shower room with wc, wash basin and shower cubicle.
- A large sunny, fully enclosed, gravelled patio area with full-sized sun loungers and wooden outdoor furniture is the perfect spot for soaking up the sun. A BBQ is also available, ideal for cooking locally caught seafood.
- Private parking is onsite, with additional on-street parking adjacent if required.
- Free WiFi internet access.
- Visitor information on attractions in Portland and the wider Dorset area are available.
- Portland Hideaway is non-smoking throughout.
- Weekly housekeeping and fresh bedlinen are inclusive.
Short breaks are available - prices per night are from £55. Pets are welcome charged at £20 per pet per stay.
Around and About
Sailing and watersports are easily accessed at nearby world class Portland Harbour. The area is perfect for year round walking breaks. The coast path is just 100 metres from your door and a choice of fine inns and restaurants are only a short walk away.
- Train - 2 services an hour from London Waterloo to Weymouth (approx 3 hours). Call National Rail Enquiries 08457 48 49 50.
- National Express – 3 services daily from London Victoria, daily services from Plymouth, Bristol, Birmingham, Manchester and Brighton - 08705 80 80 80.
- From Weymouth take local bus No 1 - every 10 mins to Portland.
- Bus stop in Sweet Hill Lane is just 100 metres from the Portland Hideaway.
- Local transport information – Info 0871 200 22 33.