At a Glance
About this Holiday Cottage
A multi-award winner, The Retreat Cottage for couples at Hedgehog Corner is a contemporary cottage gem just 3 minutes’ drive from River Cottage HQ at Axminster and a mere 5 minutes’ drive from Lyme Regis on Dorset’s Jurassic Coast. Perfect for short breaks, romantic wedding nights and mini moons, the cottage sits within the grounds of Hedgehog Corner, with views across to private gardens and a wooded copse beyond.
- Exclusively for adults, The Retreat is a one bedroom detached cottage sleeping 2 in fully equipped and luxurious living space.
- Entrance is via pretty French doors into an open plan kitchen with designer utensils/ accessories and stylish breakfast bar affording views towards the private garden.
- Spacious patio with BBQ space and bistro style outdoor furniture.
- Contemporary fitted kitchen with integrated appliances including a dishwasher, oven, hob, microwave, a fridge freezer and a washer/ dryer.
- The sitting room is tailor-made for two, with a feature ‘living flame’ fireplace, mood lighting, leather sofa with recliner seats, TV and a collection of DVDs.
Bedroom / Bathroom
- Double room with a brass bed, TV, smart phone charger dock, hairdryer and ironing facilities.
- The shower room has underfloor heating and a spacious rainwater shower.
- Soft fluffy towels, fine toiletries, dressing gowns and slippers are all provided.
Private Hot Tub and Breakfast Basket
- Locally sourced breakfast basket on arrival.
- Private large eco friendly, 14 jet multi functioning round cedar Hot Tub tucked away on your private terrace for your exclusive use
Your own secure parking bay is adjacent and a free electric car charging point is onsite. Private garden.
Other Things to Note
The Retreat can be booked in conjunction with our luxury Acorns Apartment sleeping 2, located just across the gardens.
Numerous luxury extras include hi-viz jackets and a torch for walks to the inn or River Cottage and a cool box and blanket for picnics happily supplied.
Please contact us for early booking discounts or late availability deals.
We do not accept pets.
Around and About
Within walking distance of the local inn. Farm shops and bakeries within easy reach. WiFi available in the nearby main house. Find out more via our website and great reviews.