At a Glance
- Themed weekend fun
- Dinner parties on request
- Set in 7 acres
- Wedding licence
About 5 Star Gold Crow Hill Country House
A spectacular former Victorian mill owner's house, Crow Hill near Huddersfield is an enchanting English country house on the edge of the National Trust's Marsden Moor Estate. The property is accessed up a long private driveway and features 7 acres of stunning private grounds and gardens. A perfect wedding venue and a beautiful setting for gatherings of family or friends, parties or corporate events, this magnificent period house sleeps 13 guests with ease in 7 bedrooms. Marsden village with its fine inns and shops is within 5 minutes and Huddersfield town centre is within a 15 minute drive.
- Crow Hill sleeps 13 guests in 4 double, 2 twin and 1 single bedroom.
- Living space includes a large dining kitchen containing a range cooker, 2 ovens and a separate grill, a dishwasher, microwave, a large breakfast bar and fridge/ freezer and a dining area with table and chairs for six.
- Fabulous views of the gardens and surrounding moorland are from a large bay window in the kitchen.
- The kitchen leads into a light and airy Victorian conservatory with comfortable sofa seating.
- Enclosed lawned gardens with a patio, outdoor furniture and a BBQ are accessible from the conservatory.
- Classic Drawing room with a cosy open fire, a large formal antique dining table seating 13 and a music system.
- Sitting room with comfortable armchairs and sofas, a TV, DVD player, a feature fireplace and a music system.
- Utility room with a washing machine and a tumble dryer. Cloakroom with a wc and wash basin.
- Ground floor bedroom - a twin with direct access out to the garden/ patio area. This bedroom has an ensuite bathroom with a large walk-in shower, wash basin and wc.
- A wide oak staircase leads up to the first floor landing and bedrooms/ bathrooms.
- A spacious twin with a huge bay window affording views of Marsden Moor.
- Main house bathroom containing an original cast iron roll top bath, a walk-in shower, wash basin, wc and bidet.
- Double master suite also with a large bay window, and views of the formal front gardens. Ensuite bathroom with a spacious walk-in shower, wc and a wash basin.
- Four poster double bedroom with stunning views of Marsden Moor.
- Single bedroom adjacent to the four poster room ideal for younger children.
- A staircase leads up to the Tower Suite, a double bedroom with a walk-in dressing room and stairs up to a sitting room with 12 windows and 360 degree views across the surrounding valley and moorland.
- A selection of formal garden areas are outside - 7 acres of private grounds surround the property.
- A BBQ, outdoor furniture, a patio table and ample parking are all inclusive.
The West Wing at Crow Hill
The West Wing is part of Crow Hill Country House and is brimming with period features and furnishings. Living space includes a spacious open plan lounge with floor to ceiling windows and views of the gardens, a feature fireplace, Sky TV/ DVD and a music system.
The property sleeps 8 guests in 4 bedrooms, one ground floor double bedroom with ground floor bathroom, 2 double bedrooms and a twin on the first floor. One double bedroom has an en-suite bathroom and the further two bedrooms share a large house bathroom.
A footpath leads directly from The West Wing to Marsden Moor and outside is a private garden with a BBQ and outdoor seating.
Facilities/ Further Information
- Bed linen, electric and central heating are included.
- Onsite facilities for children.
- Bar and restaurant.
- Access to golf.
- Daily cleaning service on request (additional charge).
- Local guides and tourist information.
- A welcome pack is available on request (additional charge).
- Cot and highchair on request.
- Pony trekking arrangements.
- Guests are welcome to pre-order online shopping ready for arrival - please advise us when booking.
- Pets are welcome at Crow Hill and The West Wing for an extra charge. Ample outdoor space for exercise is onsite and a choice of walks are direct from the Estate.
- No need to cook for large groups - why not request a special dinner party prepared by our own chef.
- Choose from a variety of fun weekend activities happily organised for your family and friends including landscape photography, cookery demonstrations and more.
Country House Weddings
Crow Hill is the ultimate exclusive wedding venue on the edge of the National Trust's Marsden Moor Estate. We can accommodate up to 29 guests overnight on the estate and the elegant Drawing Room is licensed for Civil Ceremonies and holds up to 80 guests seated.
Seven acres of private grounds and gardens offer ample space for marquee set up - marquees hold up to 200 guests and a bar, wedding breakfasts, DJ and more can all be arranged. Find out more about all our outstanding wedding services and facilities on our website, and call us or email to arrange your viewing and booking.
Short breaks, minimum 2 night stays, available. Please note prices displayed are a guide only - call us direct for up-to-date availability and pricing.
- Marsden village, home to a selection of fine inns and character shops is within 5 minutes of the Estate.
- Huddersfield is only a 15 minute drive away.
- We're easily accessed off the M62.
- The spectacular Marsden Moor Estate cared for by the National Trust is just on our doorstep.
- Explore the surrounding Yorkshire Pennine landscape featuring a network of canals including the Huddersfield Narrow Canal with the famous Standedge Tunnel experience.