At a Glance
- 9 en-suite rooms
- Aga cooked breakfasts
- Tea and cakes on arrival
- Pretty walled garden
- Idyllic village location
- Beautiful period house
About Wick House Bed and Breakfast
Situated between the Quantock and Brendon Hills in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Wick House is a charming period house in the West Somerset village of Stogumber. Parts of the property date from the Tudor period, and several rooms sit in the oldest part of the house. A warm welcome awaits from hosts Sheila and Philip, with tea and Shelia's delicious homemade cakes served in the garden or lounge on arrival.
We're perfect for exploring, within a 15 minute drive of Watchet and Minehead on the coast, and within easy reach of Exmoor and Taunton. Nine en-suite bedrooms are appointed to a high standard, and we have a wheelchair accessible ground floor room. Some rooms also combine perfectly as family suites. Guests are welcome to relax in the pretty walled garden with drinks from the licensed bar. A cosy snug and sitting room are also available, and a hearty Aga cooked Full English breakfast is included in your stay. Children of all ages are warmly welcomed.
Our nine guest rooms all have en-suite facilities, flat-screen TVs, tea and coffee making facilities, quality toiletries, hairdryers, shaver sockets, hanging and drawer space, radio alarm and luggage rack. A wheelchair accessible room is available. Some rooms can be set up as either a super king or twin. Please request which you prefer when booking.
- Room One - spacious super king double or a twin. Formerly the property's main reception room, this room has a high ceiling with attractive cornicing, plus an en-suite bathroom containing a bath with shower over and a heated towel rail. The flat-screen TV comes with an integrated DVD player and there is a separate VCR.
- Room Two - twin or super king in the oldest area of the house with views towards Oldway. An en-suite bathroom comes with a bath and electric shower over. This room includes a put-up bed suitable for a child, and there is ample space for an extra Z-bed or cot. Room Two combined with Room Three is perfect as a family suite.
- Room Three - romantic four poster double room in the oldest part of the house with views towards Escott Farm. The en-suite bathroom has a bath with shower over.
- Room Four - twin or super king in the oldest part of the house with level access if required and an en-suite shower room.
- Room Five - double bedroom at the rear of the house in calming colours with wonderful views of the garden and an en-suite with a bath (no shower).
- Room Six - lovely, cosy double room at the back of the house. The en-suite bathroom has a bath (no shower).
- Room Seven - bright double room at the front of the house with en-suite shower including a heated towel rail. This room has views towards Escott Farm and the flat-screen TV has an integrated DVD player
- Room Eight - charming double room with en-suite containing a bath with shower over. This room is light and airy with views of the garden.
- Room Nine - spacious ground floor twin or super king with wheelchair access direct from the car park to the bedroom. This room has ample space for a put-up bed or cot, and an en-suite wet room with toilet seat raisers, shower chair and commode all available on request.
Sheila's Aga cooked Full English breakfasts are a real treat, and fully inclusive in room rates. Food is locally sourced where possible.
- Cot and bedding available by prior arrangement, charged at £15 per stay.
- Babies stay free with your own cot in rooms shared with adults.
- Pretty walled garden with seating.
- Comfortable sitting room with games, books, local guides and maps.
- Cosy snug lounge at the back of the house.
- Licensed bar.
- Large dining room.
- Please note Wick House is strictly non-smoking throughout.
- Sorry no pets please.
- Car parking is available.
If you are booking for 2 nights or more, please call us direct for discount room rates. Single occupancy in double, twin or super king rooms is welcome, charged at £50 per room per night. Bed and breakfast rates for children under 12 years is £25 per child per night.
Planning a special occasion, gathering or celebration with family or friends? Why not book Wick House for yourself and your group, and celebrate in a relaxed, welcoming setting.
Around and About
- The Quantocks and Exmoor with a wealth of footpaths - The Coleridge Way, The Samaritans Way and The Macmillan Way walking trails all pass near Wick House.
- Watchet with its pretty harbour and bustling seaside resort Minehead are within a 15 minute drive.
- A wealth of historic sites, beautiful beaches and popular tourist locations are a short drive from us including Doniford and Kilve beaches, the packhorse bridge at Allerford, Porlock, Lynton and Lynmouth, Woolacombe, Dulverton and Dunster Castle, Exmoor's Lorna Doone Country and the poet Coleridge's cottage at Nether Stowey.
- Wick House is a perfect base for competitors and spectators attending the Ironman Triathalon and the Golden Horseshoe!
- Outdoor activities easily accessed locally include horse riding in Exmoor, fishing at Clatworthy, canoeing or sailing at Wimbleball Reservoirs, mountain biking and walking.
For 'sat nav' users, our postcode is TA4 3SZ. Our nearest mainline train and coach stations are at Taunton from which we can arrange transport.
Exit the M5 at junction 25, and continue towards Taunton, taking the A358 for Minehead. After around 11 miles from Taunton centre, take the left turn signed for Stogumber. Carry on along this road, past the station and into the village. When you reach the end of the road, turn left and Wick House comes into view on your left after 20 yards.